191 are online

Year

Day

Time

09:27:30

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 7 Day 205 14:07
It still boggles my mind that after all these years people still don't know what ICQ is. I suppose those of us who have been on the internet for god knows how long take for granted the simple things like ICQ or how to set up an e-mail account. I know I do.

This is going to sound stupid, and I might even get flamed for it. But, why not put a little paragraph or something in the proper area that says what ICQ is?

Again, it boggles my mind that people don't know what it is, but I see dozens of help posts in wich people are just torn to peices trying to figure it out.

Then again, i suppose if they won't take the time to Google ICQ to find out what it is then they shouldn't be here. Just an idea.

EDIT: Whats even more boggling is that they can't take the time to google ICQ, but they can find thier way here to ask about it. I was here for over a year before I found the forums. Probably shouldn't admit that....:P

Edited By: Daktal Hearst on Year 7 Day 205 14:08

realsigho6ir6.gif
Year 7 Day 205 14:35
It's not that surprising, given how much AOL has messed up ICQ and the resulting fall it has had from favour. There was a time when it was the only IM program. Then for a long time it was still the best. Now it's mediocre at best.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 7 Day 205 16:03
I can remember when ICQ was THE Im program. I never used it until I joined SWC.

realsigho6ir6.gif
Year 7 Day 206 12:49
Eric Jackson
Eric Jackson
*flaunts his 7 digit ICQ number*

I won't go down in ashes without one final cry
Year 7 Day 206 14:35
I have one of those, too. ^_^

It isn't an extremely common question, though; it just arises once in a while. Linking the word ICQ on the join form would be sufficient if someone's got spare time on their hands.

swcforumsig

Year 7 Day 206 21:01
I have the spare time, just not the capacity. :)

I suppose if its not the problem I thought it was then its not that big of a deal. You could probably close this.

realsigho6ir6.gif
Year 7 Day 208 20:00
Added a tooltip next to ICQ on the Join form months ago.

Kids these days!
Year 7 Day 209 14:09
And that's why you make the big Khan bucks. Now if only people would READ the dammed tooltip.....

realsigho6ir6.gif