Day

Time

05:11:05

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 8 Day 88 16:10
Guest/Visitor

Byron Picard

Ranma why did u Ban me from SWC. I didn't do anything after u banned me from the gaming forum which was unfair. all i wanted was a reply and u would not give me one. i asked politely for an answer 3 times and i knew u were on the atleast on one of those times. But of course u didn't answer and then banned me. All u had to say was leave me alone or u get banned or just give me a simple answer. I know you are a admin and could ban people, but all i did was ask for a answer, is that going "to far."

as i looked at another forum i picked this up from Venyom

If you don't like this system, then come with a ladder of punishment
action - repetition - punishment
the forum the "3" POLITE messages getting banned for life

is that why i was banned? Since i asked u for a simple answer 3 times. Is That a very fair punishment.... i don't think so. -a word of advice- instead of banning someone from the Gaming Forum or SWC for something like what i did just give them a fine, ESPECIALLY if it is there first offense and in my case my first forum talk-don't have to listen but that would be much better

I was in the middle of something important but now it is screwed.

Year 8 Day 88 16:17
Guest/Visitor

i won't check for a while since i am going to play some COD (call of duty) online.

Year 8 Day 88 16:25
See, another message 7 minutes after the last one just because you won't be here for a couple of hours (given there's a good chance Ranma may not be back until tomorrow, depending on how much time he has in real life) is spam, and definitely part of the problem.

There are precedents for people being banned from forums for spamming (in fact the banning feature came about primarily due to a serious spamming spree), and that's not counting your discussions of illegal practices. Then spamming the message inbox of an Admin definitely demonstrates an inability to learn, and may be considered harassment, which is more than a valid reason for that person to ban you.

I admit a warning may have been nice, but it isn't necessary. Also note that a person can easily show as being online for up to 2 hours after they leave the site, due to the cookie expiration.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 8 Day 88 16:33
Yes it was due spamming me and swearing. Was not something I wanted when I get home from a hard day of work. Until I get apology, the ban will stay. You and your friend have been told why you were ban from the gaming forum. This is not the way to get unbanned from their. Except you did something wrong and saying you are sorry and will never do it again, would be the better way.

And I maybe logged in, it does not mean I am refreshing the page to see a new dm was sent to me. When I went to bed last night, I just logged out, any new message you sent was shown to me this evening.

ranmasig0.png\"

SWC Fanpage --\\\\-- SWC Twitter
Year 8 Day 88 16:40
Guest/Visitor

1st hal it wasn't every 7 mins.... try maybe an hour or a little less... mayb not an hour but defititly not every 7 mins

Ramna...... I am sorry i spamed both the gaming forum and your message system. Also, i am sorry for swearing since for real i thought Freakin, not fuc..... was not a curse . My bad on both parts. For real i am really sorry and i will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, (think u get the point) AGAIN.

Year 8 Day 88 16:41
Guest/Visitor

NEVER< NEVER...... do it again

i suck at typing when i am a little nervous

Year 8 Day 88 17:12
Your two posts in this thread before my reply:

Guest/Visitor
Year 8 Day 87 16:10

Guest/Visitor
Year 8 Day 87 16:17

7 minutes.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Year 8 Day 88 17:19
Guest/Visitor

i thought u meant with Ramna

Year 8 Day 88 23:45
Guest/Visitor

Also, Hal just please stay out off my conversations. U just for some reason annoy me till the point in which i am going to swear amd get my self banned permantly. Theres No offense but i just don't want to swear on a forum and also i just read your reply (1st one) and there is some stuff i will like to point out but i just don't feel like and don't want any more luggage on my back.

Also u probally post since your MR. "I have the most posts on SWC" with 5,690. well, congrads

Year 8 Day 88 23:55
When you post in a public forum, you are leaving your conversations open to participation from anyone who pleases. I would strongly suggest you contact Ranma privately if you would rather not have others voice their opinions.

swcforumsig

Year 8 Day 89 2:10
I do a lot of posting because I moderate 3 forums, am on 3 Combine teams (only one of which overlaps those forums) and am retired from a further two Director positions (one due to time, and one because it was made characterless). I post in a lot of different threads in a lot of different places. That contributes greatly to my post count.

I also have this habit of saying what I feel needs to be said in any given thread or situation, such as pointing out your need to reply to your own thread 7 minutes later when nobody else had, to point out you would be gone for a few hours... when a few hours is the minimum time you might reasonably expect to wait for a reply.

And I've been posting on these forums since we switched to them from EZBoard a long time ago.

You, on the other hand, racked up a large number of posts in a handful of threads by posting a line or two, and coming back two minutes later to see if you'd been replied to. That is nothing more or less than spam, and if you don't understand that, you need to stay banned - from the forums, at least, if not SWC in general.

Year 8 Day 89 13:18
Guest/Visitor

just be quiet please. i am not like u ok. i don't moderate any forums and i am not retired. also i don't care about your "7 minute rule"(or way). i aslo don't care if i write a sentence or 2 per post... do u want me to write a paragraph or even a essay when i write on a forum. Just don't tell me what you think and we will have no problem.

Also Syn, i don't care if people reply to my post/conversation... the one exception is Hal.

You, on the other hand, racked up a large number of posts in a handful of threads by posting a line or two, and coming back two minutes later to see if you'd been replied to. That is nothing more or less than spam, and if you don't understand that, you need to stay banned - from the forums, at least, if not SWC in general.

i understand that NOW since that was the first forum i was ever on Hal, i said that all ready. ok

also have this habit of saying what I feel needs to be said in any given thread or situation, such as pointing out your need to reply to your own thread 7 minutes later when nobody else had, to point out you would be gone for a few hours... when a few hours is the minimum time you might reasonably expect to wait for a reply

if i was able to EDIT, but i am a guest, i would have only one post.... so u can't say anythong about that.

Year 8 Day 89 15:15
Trent Hackworth
Trent Hackworth
Well its a good thing that you "allow" everyone else to post. Hal only posts when he can say something constructive, Unlike you using a forum as an Instant Messenger. And its not like it matters if your going to be away for a while. Ranma, Hal and the Rest of the Admin would understand if you didn't reply 5 minutes after they posted. You don't seam to understand what the difference between a Forum and an Instant Messenger is.

Now i might say you maybe deserved a Forum but its not like you were banned from a very interesting forum. And the more you post the more i think you deserved it. So stop spamming, stop with chat speak, quit yelling at hal and maybe in a few weeks you'll get unbanned.

Edited By: Trent Hackworth on Year 8 Day 89 15:17
Year 8 Day 89 17:25
Any forum is interesting to someone who wants to be on it, Trent. If it didn't matter, then banning them from it wouldn't be a very effective punishment.

I realise you can't edit, or I'd have picked on your post to correct your omission of "do it again" after your apology. The point is not that you couldn't edit it in to your other message - the point is that being away for less time than it is likely to take to get a reply is NOT worth a notice about it. You might have no responsibilities, and can sit at your computer refreshing forums every few minutes, but many of those in responsibility in the game (and those who are not) have very limited time, and often can't/don't/won't post more than once a day. You've been on the forums for a while, and should have been able to observe this behaviour.

And yet you felt the need to make another, completely pointless post. Just as you felt the need to make posts in the Gaming forum every couple of minutes to reply to that other spammer to hold a conversation, despite sending him DMs AT THE SAME TIME. Just as you felt the need to send Ranma three DMs without waiting for a reply to the first one, within a period of approximately 24 hours after your banning. By your own admission, at least two of these messages were barely an hour apart, if that.

If you want me to stop posting, then you should stop giving me reason to. Reasons like responding to things I said in my post. Or just acting like a general idiot.

And for the love of all that's unholy, use your damn shift key a little more! There is no such word in the English language as "i". It's "I", with absolutely no exceptions. The only possible reasons not to capitalise it are laziness and/or ignorance. You seem very capable of both, but neither are desirable traits, so you might want to work on losing them.

Year 8 Day 89 19:03
Guest/Visitor

hey trent old buudy... why don't u shhhhhh..... i still rembember that horrible trap u set up that was suppose to get me killed.. so obvious. hal how about your posts are pointless to me soo stop speaking to me and posting a reply to me ok.

Ps: well this is really unfair.. i was in the middle of an assassation... i think.... but now that i am banned for a while thats not going to go down... or the guy i was with is going to do it himself.... which really hurts my chance to get into a faction. Ramna... please just hurry it up a bit. I know u don't have to but i really need to do the "deed".
No Offense on what i just said...(since u took my other messages in offense even if they weren't)