259 are online

Year

Day

Time

15:00:40

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CenterRPG CenterQuestion Center
Archives » Possible bug, need info before i file a report.
Keat Hoon
Keat Hoon
Hey, i have a problem on the technical interface, when i scroll down to rules, i cant click on any of the options.

I dunno if this is a bug, swcombine glitch or just my computer, so i need info if i should file this as a bug report...

hoonsig.jpg\"

jzk1lx8zt6av.gif\"

Are you, looking at me?
Hovering over the rules should pop up a javascript box that provides you with the links for that rules category, the categories themselves aren't actually links.

Please make sure you have javascript enabled to see those popups.

If that still doesn't work, what kind of browser are you using?

mystats.php?uid=c1
Keat Hoon
Keat Hoon
Yeh I hover the mouse over the catergories to wait for something to appear, and it works, but only very rarely. I would have to use google to get to the page.

You say I may need Javascrip, where could I find this?

The browser I am using is Microsoft Internet Explorer.

Edited By: Keat Hoon on Year 9 Day 136 18:41

hoonsig.jpg\"

jzk1lx8zt6av.gif\"

Are you, looking at me?
There is also the "Rules" link in the bar that extends from the top right of the page. That will get you to the index. Better than using Google. ;)

I've experienced IE being a little hit and miss with those expanding rules menus myself, but never as bad as you're describing.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Keat Hoon
Keat Hoon
Ah thanks :)

Yeh, I can almost never get the popup to come from the rules section on the right-hand side of the table.
Im going to try and get javascrip to see if that fixes up.

Thanks! :)

hoonsig.jpg\"

jzk1lx8zt6av.gif\"

Are you, looking at me?
I get that too. I just click the link to the 'Guide to the Combine' and then all the popups work. Wierd, and does mean that I have to open one more page, but I've learnt to live with it. Oh and I use IE7 as well.

Ellias_sig6.png
Keat Hoon
Keat Hoon
Wow, in a way you have helped me, by clicking on guide to the combine.

But it does get frustrating sometimes when i think, wow, whats that ships stats and then have to do soooo much clicking to get there.

I bet heaps of other ppl get it too.

hoonsig.jpg\"

jzk1lx8zt6av.gif\"

Are you, looking at me?
In IE, there should appear a little yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in the bottom bar when hovering over the rules categories.

If you double click, an error message should pop up. If you could provide us with the error message, that might help fixing the problem.

mystats.php?uid=c1
ok error message:

Line: 124
Char: 1
Error: 'document.etaTickerSmall.Clock' is null or not an object
Code: 0
URL: http://www.swcombine.com/forum/post.php?mode=reply&threadID=25915

Generally when you try and click the links that do not popup it takes you to the page you were on previously (ie you don't go anywhere).

Ellias_sig6.png
Keat Hoon
Keat Hoon
No, i dont get any yellow triangle or anything like that.....

hoonsig.jpg\"

jzk1lx8zt6av.gif\"

Are you, looking at me?