The Combine Art team is officially hosting the first ever design your own CP ship competition in the art forum! Please head over here to read up on the rules and submission requirements:
Submissions are open until January 15, 2018. Any and all questions can be DMed to me, or head over to the #swc-art IRC channel.
It's that time again, folks! The SWC Administration will be conducting faction checks, scheduled to start next week. Please be sure that your factions meet the requirements, as detailed in the rules.
If anyone has any questions or concerns, feel free to contact myself or another Asim - we are here to help.
Sid-It 18.351: We will also be checking for Generic Datacard violations and any violators will have the "extra" datacards removed from them.
Sid-It 18.359: For those who forgot, we started faction checks on Day 357. A number of factions have datacards in excess of their slot count, so the administration will be removing them and fines will be assessed to those found abusing the generic datacard system.
Sid-It 19.014: No, we didn't forget. Here are some answers to frequently asked questions:
- Factions will be fined 10,000,000cr for each violation (except datacard violations).|
- Datacard violators will be fined 10,000,000cr per excess slot (0.5s rounded up); the fines for repeat offenders will be doubled.
- The owners of factions in violation will receive a bill with the amount of fines due to Darkness, payable by the faction fined.
We are only releasing statistics of the violations at this time. Here's the damage, folks:
- 48 banner/logo violations
- 6 description violations
- 11 datacard violations (2 repeat offenders)
2017 Christmas Fund: 1,209,000,000cr
|(Edited by Sid on Year 19 Day 14)|
The Deathmatch has finished and we have a winner.... Ren! Who will win miss popularity next time? New round!
Grudges are updated but please submit more.
|(Edited by Baugrems on Year 19 Day 14)|
Bugs: Add error handler when toString crashes (#4597)
Bugs: Add flag for disabling jobsdaily dissolution for dev server (#4591)
Bugs: Add pagination to galactic market on type listings with more than 100 entries (#4562)
Bugs: Added a new check for a particular crash that can cause NPCs/Droids to become unpositioned and fly in space, this sometimes happens during repair, alazhi processing, mining and production when assigning workers (#4619)
Bugs: Added cockpit event when something docks in your entity
Bugs: Added flag to disable jobsdaily purge inactive due to timeouts (#4589)
Bugs: Added inventory icon for entities with production (#4610)
Bugs: Added more verbose debugging to the tick to help diagnose stuck actions (#4567)
Bugs: Added property to allow items to be marked not sellable in npc shops (#4543)
Bugs: Added rotation rule for transactions_fincome for 365 days (#4446)
Bugs: Admin move tool would crash when trying to move entities it couldnt move (#4621)
Bugs: Ajax flash id parameter missing (#4606)
Bugs: Another bug with follow squad commands (#4541)
Bugs: Another fix for squad follow related bugs when fed corrupt data (#4541)
Bugs: Asim handles would appear when manually running certain actions that sent credits on behalf of factions (#4587)
Bugs: Better error checking for construction (reported on IRC)
Bugs: CP login streaks not working properly/double counting (#4167, #4333)
Bugs: Can no longer repackage npcs into crates (#4542)
Bugs: Changing IFF causes scanner crash when in room (#4548)
Bugs: Changing IFF when in room causes ajax crash (#4548)
Bugs: Do not show faction account when transfering faction credits if only access is budgets (#4550)
Bugs: Error when non-character tried to move through locked door (4566)
Bugs: Filtering by tags could return incorrect entities if IDs collide (#4560)
Bugs: Fix JS crash on simnews page (#4637)
Bugs: Fix XSS in inventory rename (#4575)
Bugs: Fix bug where character without associated player generating combat reports crashes (#4540)
Bugs: Fix cities inventory crash (reported on IRC)
Bugs: Fix crash in lisp when null entitywrapper used (#4558)
Bugs: Fix crash when aborting hyperspace when not in hyperspace (#4536)
Bugs: Fix crash when twiddling the ground attack entity parameter (#4537)
Bugs: Fix exploit involving partying assigned ships (#4581)
Bugs: Fix quest journal crash on dev server (#4576)
Bugs: Fix regression causing scanner icons to not appear
Bugs: Fix tick crashing in hook
Bugs: Fix transfer credits page layout breaking when incorrect faction privileges (#4550)
Bugs: Fixed ability to set leader as second in command (4523)
Bugs: Fixed being able to target entities that have moved out of your vision range
Bugs: Fixing destroy entity tool so it can make wrecks of stations and vehicles (#4163)
Bugs: Fixing exploit relating to inventory viewing (#4573)
Bugs: Fixing rules page images for non square facilities, using large images where possible (#3747)
Bugs: Fixing small bug with unit tests related to faction dissolution & cache invalidation (#4591)
Bugs: Follow action now handles when following non-existent entities (#4541)
Bugs: Freelancer (or faction member without enough privs) could not pause/resume their own facility constructions (#3723)
Bugs: Improve sublight page flying-into-sun-warning that did not show up in some situations (#4605)
Bugs: InvalidArgumentException in ItemUtil and in DestroyEntity (#4546)
Bugs: Inventory filter not showing cargo container properly (Reported on forums)
Bugs: Lost password functionality did not work for players without an associated character (#4578)
Bugs: Made Armour consider all equipped items and fixed Deflection to work as currently intended
Bugs: MiningEvents crash when mine is full (#4544)
Bugs: More optimisation for position summary view (#4608)
Bugs: New account tool crashing in jobsdaily (#4545)
Bugs: PHP errors when messing with sim news pages (#4569)
Bugs: Profile page crashing on dev server when invalid handle entered (#4623)
Bugs: Properties now check type of default, fix for in range interrupts property invalid type (#4590)
Bugs: Quest item causes NPC shop to crash (#4543)
Bugs: Removing obsolete code for partying droids to mines (#4619)
Bugs: Sensor power was always showing 0 when hovering over cockpit maps (#4617)
Bugs: Similar optimisation applied for isInParty to party screen (#4608)
Bugs: Skip GNS feed creation if throws exception
Bugs: Strengthen getFromUid to avoid crashes when people typo entity name fields (#4555)
Bugs: Suppress ajax errors when moving between rooms too quickly (#4638)
Bugs: Tool to debug forum post count sync issues (#4625)
Bugs: Tweaked grave accent on character creation rules page
Bugs: Unable to tractor station wrecks (#4535)
Bugs: Updating force skill points could cause negative result
Bugs: Updating scanner legend screen to use generated icon filenames
Bugs: XML encoding problem in scanner (#4615)
Bugs: XSS in dev footer (#4575)
Bugs: crash on tractor beam page (#4535)
Bugs: fixed typo in SCP door unlock message
Bugs: fixing a few LISP exceptions
Bugs: fixing getEntityDBTableInfo to not crash on races (#4594)
Bugs: items contained in other items (ie, bacta refills in bacta tanks) should now properly show their Room in the inventory
Bugs: limit SQL audit log storage when on dev server in devmode (#4607)
Bugs: navcomp galaxy map background image loaded via http instead of filesystem (#4596)
Bugs: prevented code trying to give FXP to non-FS
Bugs: previous commit to this file attempt fix, by making failed action setup rollback transaction (#4534)
Bugs: small bug with input boxes after change from sublight page (#4605)
Feature: Added option to set commander or owner as production product owner, added kick option for production completion (#4610)
Feature: Add inventory filter for wrecks and damaged entities (ships/vehicles/stations/facilities) (#4307)
Feature: Allow bandit droid types to be set by property by asims (#4561)
Feature: Optimised position view scanner to limit number of entities shown when lots are in range, this will make room travel faster on full entities. A button is present to reload the view without the limit if there are entities hidden (#4608)
LISP: added ability to get exact HP amount
LISP: added ability to set container on get-room
LISP: added optional context to has-room-in-party for use in hooks, etc
LISP: adding functions to change FP and HP
LISP: adding functions to hide quest and check if quest status is hidden
LISP: removed ability to destroy-entity a character
Rules: Show weight and weight cap on equipment expando in kg rather than T when less than 1T (Suggestions forum)
Rules: Show weight and weight cap on rules and cargo page in kg rather than T when less than 1T (Suggestions forum)
Tweaks: Added ability to deploy custom items, can only be undeployed by the owner or commander of the container entity
Tweaks: Added facility property and code to allow for "restricted vision" room maps
Tweaks: Added support for png cockpit images
Tweaks: Container owners now ignore locked doors when mass-moving items
Tweaks: Creating "deployable" property
Tweaks: Do not need a powered HQ to view datacards, only to modify them
Tweaks: Prospecting action timer now shows up in members menu (Suggestion forum)
Tweaks: Security Control Panels can only be undeployed by the Owner or Commander of the container entity
Tweaks: Shortcut to speed up position screen when lots of items on ground
Tweaks: added check for character doing loading being on crewlist of target entity instead of just owner/commander/pilot of entity being loaded
Tweaks: added room name to "moved items" flash message
Tweaks: adding link to rules for generic datacards
Tweaks: adding link to rules for generic datacards
Tweaks: moved "isDeployable" check for bacta tanks and security panels from hardcoded to an item property
Tweaks: removed event from the start of Force training to better align it with how other timed actions work
Edit: Added R0L0 Droids to bandits. Made custom items, Security Control Panels, and Bacta Tanks deployable. More will be adjusted soon, but enjoy for now.
Edit Two - Return of the tweaks: One week from now, all financial income reports older than 365 days will be archived because that is taking up more space than a Hutt in a TIE fighter. Save them if you want them.
|(Edited by Baugrems on Year 19 Day 7)|
We are aware that facility construction is not working right now. It is in progress of being fixed but won't be done for a while. We will post here when it is fixed. Thanks!
Edit: Should be fixed!
|(Edited by Baugrems on Year 18 Day 331)|
Twilight Foundation has secured a victory for part one. All four phases are now completed. Active droids will still be available for capture and you all can claim your rewards soon.
Tomorrow morning Combine time you can start visiting your Droid commanders inside starports to claim end-of-quest rewards. Both sides can do this.
Galactic Rewards and Impact:|
Also starting tomorrow morning Combine time you will see a new generic DC available for purchase plus a new enemy will appear in bandit squads for you to loot.
A GNS will be posted tonight featuring story end game and show you next steps for Part two.
Edit: if you spoke to npc and did not get a reward, it will be provided soon.
Edit Edit: http://www.swcombine.com/forum/thread.php?thread=74058&page=0 Discussion thread!
Edit Edit Edit: http://www.swcombine.com/forum/thread.php?thread=74058&post=849450#post849450 Updated with some code examples.
|(Edited by Baugrems on Year 18 Day 327)|
If you have photobucket customs that need replaced, you should now submit the image first through the new custom system and, once approved, let Ulrike know. You'll need to get the SWC URL for the image which can be obtained from the new "Customs List" under the CP page, along with the IDs of the matching entities that need their image replaced.
If you need to replace a custom item image, you need to upload the image as Art instead of Custom Item. Custom Item images will not show up in the queue and we will not issue refunds for people who upload using Custom Item as the image type.
Photobucket has been ramping up their "no offsite linking" rule. In an effort to keep the galaxy free of terrible looking speed dials, Ulrike will be offering a limited service. If you have a broken custom image that shows the photobucket offsite link error image (ONLY these please, regular broken links are not applicable for this service) send a Dm to Ulrike about your images with the URLs of the images you are replacing, & the entity IDs. You are limited to 3, and only 3, ID replacements per week. Multiple entities with the same image ID will have to be split up due to the backend nature of the process. Ulrike will walk you through the refund & resubmission. its not exactly simple, fast, or ideal, however this will hopefully assist some of you.
To all of you custom appliers in this colorful galaxy,
Photobucket has begun banning offsite linking for those of you with free accounts. This will obviously affect a number of older customs. Ulrike and I, in looking at te list of applied customs, have seen its effects already.
To this end, all of you with old photobucket images will want to save local copies of your customs. In the near future we will be deleting & refunding brokenn image links, and keeping the images saved now may help you allieviate some of the headache.
That is all.
Sid Edit: typo
|(Edited by Sid on Year 18 Day 284)|
Both teams are now in the final phase. Destroy enemy droids (or your own if you hate winning) and finish it up! Capture or Destroy!
Winner of thise Phase will be winning team. Rewards are ready to go..
Both teams have been pushing hard and now it is time for phase 3! That said it is time for some DETAILS.
Phase 3: Every civic center in the galaxy has a droid commander that will give you some equipment and instructions. Every DARKNESS or QUEST planet has at least 12 droids on it. You can speak to them as if they were an NPC.
Twilight: Activate your BN-D0 Assassins and deactivate the GenSci R0-L0 Tank Droids.
GenSci: Activate your R0-L0 Tank Droids and deactive the Twilight Assassins.
In total I have placed 500 droids in the galaxy.
Phase 4: Once enough (number not public) droids have been activated both teams will enter phase 4. This is the combat phase. Kill enemy droids but leave your own side's droids alone! Capture or kill until they are all taken care of around the galaxy. First side to conquer all active enemy droids wins.
"WHAT DO WE WIN?!"
Stuff. Though I will say prizes are more of a galactic scale than individual scale. Even if you didn't participate you might see some of the results.
Edit: Added Commanders to Starports. Both teams on phase 3. No more phase 2 rewards available.
|(Edited by Baugrems on Year 18 Day 280)|
|Update to revision 0f04b5c2c1a85a7cbd06a7ae392ef45011685313 (+143)
- Clarified that character you want to execute must be in your party
- fixing truthiness in put-item return val
- fixing namespace for exception catching
- adding Exception message to put-item in case of failure
- added put-item to move items into containers
- adding ability to send admin events and get generic admin object
- added admin crewlist functions
- renamed container to entity in create-entity
- Added ability to set infofields via API (Web API Forum)
- Added generic web service identifier to DMs sent via API client
- Made heading clickable on manage tags page to toggle checkboxes (Suggestions forum)
- Recycling entities can now be queued in recycling stations
- Added crateable item property
- Changed privs required to view requestor-side "Build Request Accepted" events to the relevant can construct priv from the "build request" priv (Website Suggestions Forum)
- Added large customs to rules pages (Website Suggestions Forum)
- Assorted improvements to repair events (Suggestions Forum)
- Added index to productionItem ctool, added ability to search by leader ID
- Newly started production will take costs from and give produced entities to the owner of the producing entity, making production more like mining and recycling which already do this. (Suggestions Forum)
- Added city coordinates to CCC Manage Shields page (#4406)
- Added Infotext to ctool (editable and searchable)
- Added infotext to faction owner asset (un)protection interface.
- Added infotext to the scanner view for Droids/NPCs/Creatures for those who are eligible to see it. (#3560)
- Added infotext to the position view for Droids/NPCs/Creatures for those who are eligible to see it. (#3560)
- Merging from inventory will now merge all eligible piles that are selected and ignore ineligible ones (Suggestions Forum)
- Changed Custom NPC Approval tool from an NPC Team tool to an Art Team tool
- Fixed exploit allowing any character to be loaded into a bacta tank
- More CSV Inventory export fixes (#3331)
- CSV Output often has incorrect numbers of fields for rows (#3331)
- Error when sending arrest event when arrest on NPC fails and is in a room (#4526)
- Fixing another menu crash (#4519)
- Fixed some construction eventtypes incorrectly recorded as general events (#4517)
- Fix for menu crash on dev server (#4519)
- Added line to recycling rules page about cargo containers and escape pods not returning RMs (#4513)
- Empty Cargo container was spawned when recycling generates no RM (#4513)
- Fixing recycling regression where large piles would not fill an EVS properly (#4514)
- Repair events are an undefined type (#4510)
- Repair shows non-materials as required resources (#4508)
- Missing line break in recycling events (Unreported)
- Fixed bug where Unload button would show when unloading is impossible e.g in space (#4498)
- Fixed bug where crash when no entity selected for loading docked vehicles into (#4498)
- Deathmatch pages do not update the top menu properly as you change pages. (Unreported)
- Can upvote your own forum posts (#4401)
- Forum undefined variable when not logged in (Error Reporter)
- DragonCon2005 page undefined variable (Error Reporter)
- Markets owned by an Admin faction in an NPC-city do not allow to the NPC market (#4413)
- Added nonce to faction salary payment screen to prevent double-payments (#4491)
- Typos in equipment position view error/success messages. (Unreported)
- Scanning items from cockpit is messed up. (#4428)
- Bandit wrecks do not show up in the docking bay when docked. (#4310)
- Executing NPCs owned by the market fails AND no events generated for owner of NPCs when they're executed (#4495 & #1504)
- Removed inconsistent decimals from combat health bars (#4492)
- Cockpit scanner view shows shield bars for entities with no shields (Unreported)
- Could accept join requests without an HQ (#4496)
- Typos/Clarifications to Recycling rules (Unreported)
- Equipment page select all by type (and show/hide) fails when type has a space in the name (#4493)
- Fixed issue where bandit NPCs would be stuck in loop trying to get into range to attack (#4461)
- stop scanner crashing when travel action exists without valid path (#4461)
- Mass inventory merging of multiple pages of results crashes (#4484)
- Incorrect error when using non-existent property (#4487)
- Many entities missing large images (#3747)
- Summary view errors for RMs (IRC)
- Added missing event for change in HP as result of cybernetic operation (#4479)
- Typo in cybernetic preparation events (#4479)
- Clicking on movement from the ground travel scanner page does not permit clicking on the map to choose a destination (#4478)
- Mounted weapons aren't to have images (#3747)
- Event for merging RM piles through the inventory throws error (Unreported)
- ctool added discovered field for RaceAdmin (#3411)
- Revoking DCs revokes the DC, but requires page refresh to remove entry on page (#3878)
- Fix minor crashes in assistant actions tool (Unreported)
- Fix minor crash in inventory when asset image fails to draw (Unreported)
- Improved performance of event sanitizing when lots of events are created in one request (#3437)
- Fix bug with repair crashing room travel (#4480)
- Fixing issues when explosives are used with mining (#4477)
- Fixed a bug that allowed shows attack button between incompatible types (#4440)
- Fixed a bug that allowed combat between incompatible types (#4440)
- Links in some events link to wrong inventory (#1504)
- No assign event for faction-owned entities assigned via inline edit (#1504)
- Entity delete code was notifying construction action based on incorrect entitytype, causing construction to spam events about recalculating ETA (#4476)
- WS PHP SDK page throws errors (#4455)
- Fixed issue on dev server cargo view deleting piles (#4473)
- Do not draw descend travel view when not over planet (#4424)
- Disabled code that finishes travel actions on cockpit/position pages as they were causing database deadlocks (#4397)
- Fixed a bug where faction leaders could keep the ones they cared about from dying, ironic that the only people they cared about was themselves (#4449)
- Crash when attempting space combat with unknown target (#4450)
- Accessing old iff page caused crash (#4470)
- Tents show deploy button when they shouldn't (#4452)
- Internal action crash when removing entity from travel without valid travel leader (#4464)
- Sent messages get deleted when recipient deletes them, now always shows for sender regardless of recipient deletion (#4459)
- Fix crash when hailing stations (#4469)
- Cannot repair facility due to party issue (#4467)
- Can create squads of droids/npcs, but cannot add droids to existing squads (Unreported)
- Fix party view crash when trying to add to squad without selecting a squad (#4468)
- Crash when trying to tractor and can see a character (#4466)
- Error handler should catch PHP warnings (#4457)
- some factions not showing their datacards on the Rules
- Location API resource response cleanup, standardization, and documentation updates (Unreported)
- Adjusted old custom list to current custom system and added link under CP Exchange (Unreported)
- Fixed tool to manage custom image records (Unreported)
- Fix fatal error in enumTransactionSource
- off by one error in transaction->release causing production actions to crash with weird error (#4350)
Any attempt to abuse official events by camping 'choke points' or renaming entities to appear similar to Darkness- or Quests-owned containers will be undone and (from this point on) punished.
The reversal that occured was a YT-2k named 'GenSci Institute HQ' parked directly next to the actual container. The ship trapped two players, those players have been released and the ship renamed by staff.
"Hoist the colors, boys! We're going incognito!"