There is currently an issue where using a medical item outside will cause the timer to freeze. This is in the process of being fixed and will require a sync.
Update: This issue has been resolved and all frozen medical actions have been completed. The double space issue in forum posts has been corrected as well.
|(Edited by Syn on Year 19 Day 249)|
It is time once again for ASIM applications! Three potential slots are open.
Here are the rules:
Newly hired asims are not required to irrevocably drop their character. Instead, their characters are suspended for the duration of being an asim.
Asims have no IC activity related to their character while working for the administration.
Asims will have a defined period of service of six months after which a new group of asims will be hired. There is no limit on the number of terms if reselected.
Applications will be in January and July, with asims working from February through the end of July and then August through January of next year.
Compensation in the form of Combine Points will be provided for asims who remain active and effective throughout their service period.
Asims are required to use IRC and must be active in staff channels as that is how the majority of decisions are made.
Asims duties center around helping players affected by bugs, handling support tickets, and dealing with rules violations. There will be opportunities for asims to assist in designing RP opportunities for SWC at large, along with participating in discussion on game features before they are announced or implemented.
Remember that current asims are allowed to re-apply and may be re-selected.
Applications should be submitted via Darkness Message to Selatos, Arjuna, and Baugrems. Please answer the following questions in your application.
What is your Combine handle?
How long have you played SWC?
What have you done IC so far (including previous characters)? What are you working on currently, and what is your position with your faction?
Why do you want to become an asim?
Are you involved in any other online games or RPGs of a similar nature? If so please describe your position and responsibilities
Please provide three references of SWC members who are not on the administration team that have been in the game for at least two years.
Where do you live?
How old are you?
What is your occupation?
How much time would you like to volunteer per week on improving SWC?
Have you performed administrative duties in the past or organized groups/events?
Would you classify esports as a real sport?
Applications will be open until July 20th with new asims starting their term on August 1st.
Edit: One more week to get in those applications!
Edit 2.0: Ozur Sentire will be joining the asim team for this round starting August 1st. He has one week (sorry bud) to clean up his IC actions and report for duty. Thanks to those who applied. Best of luck next year.
|(Edited by Baugrems on Year 19 Day 239)|
- The forum change has meant it is less tolerant to bad HTML in posts and signatures, if you have broken code in your post or sig, please fix it up so it doesn't break the pages until we can get a permanent fix in. There is also a setting on the Account Settings page to disable showing signatures, which will temporarily fix it (as most of the bad code is in players signatures).
- The use button is not currently appearing on Kolto Patches.
- Update HP change in Life and Death rules to match code
- Updated power generator page, added ability change the master power generator from a group of linked power generators (#4980)
- one click travel on some cockpit travel situations
- Kolto Patch medical item has been made available in NPC shops around the galaxy
- Various fixes regarding production-in-progress queue reordering bugs where production would jump between queue entries -- root cause should be fixed but the issue is a persisted one that current in flight productions will probably be broken
- market crash when certain characters wins bid, characters ineligible to send credits (unc/arrested/banned) bids will be ignored -- stuck market auctions will finalise after this sync (#5006)
- Updated some events around construction, pausing/resuming and when NPCs are added/removed/attacked/killed with links to inventory (#4986)
- Exploit where power generator could power any facility regardless of location (#4977)
- cannot unload materials into u/c facilities (#4985)
- NPC inventory filter for 'working npcs' causes other filters to be cleared (#4984)
- Rare planetary government recalculation crash (#4981)
- Loading ships/vehicles via cargo crashes on insufficient w/v (#4968)
- fincome crashing when restricted entity owned by faction without any restricted entities
- Fix crash in facility inventory export when facility incurs debt
- Fix some issues where sneaking would not work (#4410)
- Fixing facilities showing travel click menu when in cockpit
- Hide walls and other 0 passenger entities from being boardable
- Fix one instance of StepTravel (ground/atmo/sublight/hyper) crashing when generating ETA
- Add message for cockpit squadron screen when nothing to squad with
- No longer shows hail button on yourself in character scanner view
- Events XSS exploit
- Attempt #2 at fixing production overlay showing up for Naval shipyards (#4949)
- Added expiry confirmation to ground combat, you will be prompted to confirm the data if you or the target moves between pageload and attack (#4994)
- Adding owner filter to planets inventory
- Removal of second life integration for pressing ceremonial reasons (#4995)
- show abort timer for production in side menu when aborting instead of main timer
- Remove resume link from facility inventory when construction cannot be resumed, e.g. no assigned builders (#4998)
- Fix error handler crashing when utf8 characters cannot be persisted in error reporter (#5002)
- Better handling of double-submit on credits screen, bulk credits screen, dm send screen (#5001)
- Skip capacity checks when dropping character (#5003)
- Fixing cannot party arrested npcs, arrested npcs not showing up as arrested (#5000, #5004)
- Issue with combat report where critical strikes would show up as ionic damage
- Crash on php7 when ship production kick set to true in factory (#4997)
- Construction action crashing on wakeup on dev
- Simplifying forum CSS because people complaining cannot click on links in footer of pages
Look and Feel
- Hard refresh/clear cache if you aren't getting updated CSS
- Forums thread view CSS has been updated
- Messages views CSS have been updated
- Members sidebar now rendered using flexbox instead of tablecell display, believe this is part of the root cause for peoples inability to click on things at bottom of page in chrome on android.
- Position page is now sharing more CSS with cockpit pages, meaning some pages will now be more mobile friendly
- Equipment page drop item target is now in position sidebar, position sidebar scrolls with page
- Compass for room travel on mobile, can be disabled in look and feel settings
- Map position for cockpit and position screens can be flipped in look and feel settings
- Added more options for cockpit dropdown activation on look and feel settings page for people with old phones (if you are having issues with cockpit dropdowns on your phone, try using click activation on look and feel settings page)
- Scanner shroud can be inverted for space layer in look and feel settings or by clicking on scanners title in cockpit (may not work on old browsers)
- Gravity wells can be toggled for space layer by clicking on the hyperspace title in cockpit
|(Edited by Syn on Year 19 Day 239)|
Due to a bug that we are fixing, Hosnian system allows anyone to arrest on the planet surfaces when they should not be allowed to do so.
If your faction does not have explicit arrest authorization from the government controlling the system, do NOT arrest NPCs or PCs. It is a bug and if it keeps happening we will find you and we will find a fitting punishment.
All arrests of players will be undone if caused by this bug. If you feel this is the case, send a message to Baugrems.
EDIT: Bug should be fixed now. If issues still arise, report them instead of abusing them. Or else.
|(Edited by Baugrems on Year 19 Day 205)|
There are some major changes here that are necessary for us to upgrade to PHP7.1 from PHP5.6, and quite a lot of things will be broken. This change makes the code much stricter which can cause things that have previously worked to error out. Issues will hopefully be ironed out over the next 24h, will be aiming for a follow up sync tomorrow to fix these issues.
Rules: Minor faction creation clarifications
Rules: Clarification to Cybernetic Operations rules that any entity with a medical room may be used.
Rules: Corrected the skill needed for recycling
Bugs: Removal of google ads from the SWC header banner area
Bugs: Allow quickfilter to search over cargo container content type
Bugs: Allow escape key to cancel inlineedit
Bugs: Removal of iframes from GNS pages (#4956)
Bugs: Party screen now uses same look and feel as equipment screen
Bugs: Fixes for position screen sticky action selector
Bugs: Remove iframe from messages page, fixes issues with messages page on iphones (#4952)
Bugs: Missing text on atmosphere travel in cockpit
Bugs: Fix bug where submitted handle not shown in decline mail
Bugs: Fixing additional issue where recreate handle approval can be skipped (#4935)
Bugs: Fix a bug/exploit where handle approval could be skipped (#4935)
Bugs: Fix issue with cleanup bandits when bandit is unpositioned
Bugs: Issues with naval shipyard not showing production actions in inventory (#4949)
Bugs: MSD station constructions not being protected asset (#4951)
Bugs: Updated cockpit nav dropdowns to be activated on hover
Bugs: Cleanup script for invalid warrants (#4941)
Bugs: Fix crash on forum on dev when page loaded when not logged in
Bugs: Fix crash on creature rules page on dev server due to using bad variables
Bugs: Added script to fix crashing faction dissolution code (#4939)
Bugs: Fixing a bug where entities within partied entities would generate invalid top containers and crash the inventory (#4936)
Bugs: Markets finalisation crashing in some situations when highest bid is invalid (#4940)
Bugs: Fixing crash on prospecting page when loaded by entity/ship without prospecting sensors (#4934)
Bugs: count container passengers returning wrong datatype (#4933)
Bugs: Fix issue where aborting recycling would refund twice (#4873)
Bugs: Fix error when trying to dock when already docked and game is confused about what map to draw (#4928)
Bugs: fix damage attribution highlighting on combat reports (#4930)
Bugs: Removing duplicate code for pages with text filters (#4931)
Bugs: Fix for sticky not working on IOS
Bugs: Minor cockpit quality of life fixes (#4871)
Bugs: Scan export of characters/npc not working - PreloadUtil::arrested broken (#4926)
WS: Fixing WS TOTP (two factor auth for WS)
WS: ws image upload not working
WS: Add missing assigned DCs to Inventory/Entity resource
WS: Inventory/Entity remaining cargo capacity provides used capacity instead (#4945)
WS: Types/Entities route references nonexistent WeaponUtil (#4844)
- GNS page should be working again
- Sim news should be working
- Messages CSS should be working
If you are having issues viewing the GNS or messages page, please try a hard refresh on your browser.
- Post sync issue with character creation fixed. If you were having issues with character creation & re-creates, please try again.
- Issue with NPCs showing up green on cockpit scanners fixed.
- IE11 cockpit dropdown menu issue fixed (refresh your browsers if still broken in IE11)
|(Edited by Clarr Solo on Year 19 Day 202)|
Sorry for the short notice, but there will be some short downtime later this evening (in about half an hour) that is expected to last a couple of hours while we address some issues with the database server.
Features: New cockpit UI, resizes for mobile, single map for travel/scan, paginated scanner (#4871)
Rules: Updated Life & Death rules to clarify what happens to creatures when their owner dies.
Rules: Fix rules page table of contents breaking for droids, ships and vehicles index pages
LISP: put-item now returns the item if successful
Bugs: material inventory not filtering by location correctly when materials inside squadded entity (#4921)
Bugs: Typo fix (#4916)
Bugs: Limit checkboxes client side so when submitting equipment/party page with large amount of items selected, reduces chance of page doing nothing (#4913)
Bugs: Fixed bug where trophy was selling to NPC market for incorrect price (#4909, #4910)
Bugs: Remove set-open-to from droid inventory (#4908)
Bugs: Bug with city power update for PG under construction, should more reliabily power facils when PG finish construction
Bugs: Fixing bugs with repacking crates, maximum size for crates removed, crates can be merged by repacking them together, crates can be split from equipment screen, plus some other bugs with droids repacking (#4906)
Bugs: Make action selector on party and equipment screen visible always while scrolling (#4905)
Bugs: removed assigning pilot breaking up squads/squadrons, if you need to break up squad there is link in inventory that allows you to manage squads (#4903)
Bugs: Fix security checks on inventory crashing when using tag autoselect (#4904)
Bugs: When loading items into ship, incorrectly calculating passenger capacity causing error on dev server (#4900)
Bugs: Debugging for production queue rearrange issue (#4901)
Bugs: Make production and materialutil throw specific InsufficientCapacityException to avoid catching very large exceptions (#4902)
Bugs: overlaid main images assumed width was 100 causing overlaps
Bugs: Fix bug with ctool edit entity types field crashing
Bugs: Improved error message when trying to add a party member that is already in your party (#4892)
Bugs: Fix for squad/party size calculation when boarding entities (#4887)
Bugs: Fixed inventory exploit relating to invalid actions executing (#4890)
Bugs: Jetpack gave an improper error
Bugs: Removal of some more obsolete database tables (#4802)
Bugs: vision calculation does not check other characters items correctly for scanner sharing (#4885)
Bugs: fix calculation of wreck image urls (#4882)
Bugs: performance improvement, removing eager evaluation of cockpit and hangar images when loading entities (#4882)
Bugs: Inventory location missing when entity docked inside another entity you were assigned to as pilot/commander (#4880)
Bugs: Unloading ships bug, some ships would not be able to find target load locations (#4878)
Bugs: removing obsolete code to do with bacta patches and tanks (#4877)
We're aware that there are currently some recaptcha issues preventing people from registering accounts for the Holocron. Selatos will try to resolve the problem later this week.
It's that time of... decade?... again! New CP ships, vehicles, and droids have been released. Go see your local Starport, Landing Pad, Garage, Hangar... etc. to get your new shiny toy. Special shout out on the ships for Combine players who helped design them. Some awesome ideas out there and we got to input our own creations unique to SWCombine! A lot of cool ones out there for you guys. Stats are similar or better than some old CP ships even!
You might notice CP Vehicles have an error right now. Should be fixed within the next hour or so.
LINK TO SHIPS - Verpine and KR-4B had slight stat changes. Trooper transport renamed. Some room map changes.
LINK TO VEHICLES - Scanner icons fixed!
LINK TO DROID
|(Edited by Baugrems on Year 19 Day 136)|
After a brief absense, Lightsaber crafting has returned. A quest has been released to take you through the steps. Not force sensitive? This Quest won't respond to you but you can always 'collect' by other means. Force sensitive? Don't read that last bit. Get your new weapons! You'll need supplies, weapons, and guts to finish this one.
The Force Forum FAQ will be updated later this week. Expect answers to questions like "What about current shards?" and "How long should this take?"
Start location and exact details won't be released until a good chunk of people have gone through it. Additional changes will come in the future. We may contact you during this first few run throughs to make sure all is going smoothly.
Any questions or hint requests can be sent via DM to Mikel
Edit: Small issue was solved for one member and others might find a similar bug. If the Ancient Hilt does not respond to you please DM Baugrems the ID of your ancient hilt item.
Edit 2.0: Thanks to the initial test subjects for doing some runs through the quest so far. Due to feedback and observation we've made a few changes that'll likely increase difficulty in some areas. Those who went through before and helped us see a live run won't have to redo anything.
|(Edited by Baugrems on Year 19 Day 132)|
Combine updated to revision 9aae4464c8f3de1ef6d573ca03ecdfa256d7bdc3
-creature gender handling for future breeding ability
-Adding shield generator startup action timer to members menu
-Add parameter to SectorUtil::getAllSectors to only show sectors with visible systems
-ShieldUtil::providesShields now takes Entity instead of Facility
-Add an option to fill all roads from roads modification screen
-travelDirection in scanner XML will now return "Stationary" for non-moving entities
-travelDirDescription removed from scan XML, duplicate of travelDirection
-full mines should pause instead of stop mining
-bulk item movement should handle >100 selected items faster now
-added city last updated stamp to ctool
-shuffled bandit array so they don't appear grouped by race anymore
-updated Vision rules to clarify you can share sensors with droids when you have a sensor pack equipped
-moving NPC shop item indicators into a property
-added faction type to status tool
-added admin tool to revert a government
-asteroid hideouts no longer prevent spawns
-added HQ planet to faction opening GNS flash event
-Added parameter to account settings page to force online time update every pageload
-Change how dragging works on production interface, should fix issue where start button is unavailable on mobile devices (#4872)
-entities could be recycled when characters were in bacta tanks inside the target
-remove MasterTemplate::NewSetup (#4867)
-remove mastertemplate handleError and override var (#4867)
-Added look and feel option to disable top left clock ticking (#4866)
-Change how browser notification permissions are handled, browser notifications will simply prompt the user via browser instead of posting a flash message (#4850)
-fixed JS in admin room map tool preventing room movement
-page crashed when trying to use jetpack with non-character/NPC in your party
-Jetpacks and Force Speed used different distance calculations
-Production was unable to combine droids/items and ships/vehicles (4669)
-Protection would create an invalid ID link to the asset being protected (unreported)
-protected NPCs could be fired
-can't see cross terrain abort button when crossing in some vehicles
-duplicate handles in DM send box could send the same message multiple times (#4849)
-kickPassenger would error when trying to kick a character
-creatures will now give a less insane event when attacking from out of range
-combat event incorrectly implied you hit an already-dead target, will now say targeted instead of hit
-moving pause events over into the full interrupt
-Custom Images use EntityType for owner instead of OwnerType
-Force probability not recalculated when given enough XP to skip a recalc level (4820)
-Inventory powered filter wonky when facils unpowered before jobsdaily ran, no longer (#4831)
-Fixed minor bug with spacing of logout button with long handles, added option to force less compilation server wide, removed unused old globalstyle css file
-Fix FI code not calculating power correctly for facilities that do not need power (#4828)
-crash when hiring npcs for faction while freelance (#4841)
-Add an extra confirm field needed for dropping characters (#4836)
-Fix xss on faction accept page
-Revert government not working correctly (#4835)
-Fix a minor dev related bug where finishing an action early would append time for the next run instead of resetting it (#4744)
-Repair UI minor fix
-Repair ticks sometimes crash if no materials are used (#4744)
-Crash in character creation can cause future attempts at creation to fail with sql integrity issues (#4843)
-removed ability to force heal IFF-enemies
-Medical items will now trigger the "Use An Item" Achievement
-ships would not appear in list of repairable entities if repairing entity has a combined hangar and docking bay
-added get-passenger-count to check current # of passengers
-added ability to get surface location and terrain type name
-added optional slot to put-item
-added get-hp-max (all), get-force-points and get-force-points-max (admin)
-made holding-item? available to all, added entity var and RM admin functions
Creatures currently have a gender listed on the Inventory but until we sync again these genders are not final. We will be adding the ability to select the gender of your current creatures, while creatures that are hatched after the next sync will be assigned a gender randomly, as the Creator intended.
|(Edited by Mikel von Bianchi on Year 19 Day 126)|
Greetings, Combiners! A happy start to Q2 of the year and a happy Easter to those of you who celebrate it.
We the administration team wanted to reach out today to announce some exciting new features for the Combine, and somewhat of a change of direction in the development of the game to capture recent trends in online videogaming.
First, thanks to the hard work of Baugrems and Kay Dallben, we have released Season 1 of our new "loot crate" system. Many players have bemoaned the large number of credits in the game, as well as the difficulty of acquiring rare items that were given out over a decade ago to a select, lucky few players. This system is designed to tackle both of these issues at once, by providing the opportunity to acquire these rare or unique items for a small credit fee.
Located anywhere an NPC for the previous "Science Feud" event could be found (civic centers and starports) as well as many space stations, a new quest NPC now allows players to pay a small fee and be guaranteed to win from a selection of loot - from common items all the way up to rare Mandalorian armor! The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking different items. As for cost: among other things, we’re looking at average per-player credit earn rates on a daily basis, and our team will continue to make changes and monitor community feedback and update everyone as soon and as often as we can. This feature is live today.
Second, and more expansive, is our intent to capture the mood of the current climate of popular online games. Star Wars Combine will soon become SWCombine: Royale, a battle royale-style simulation game that blends the best aspects of popular games such as PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS and Fortnite as well as the proven aspects of the Combine into a compelling, adventurous online battle royale game set in the Star Wars universe.
Aspects of the Combine, such as the time delays, lack of player-vs-player combat, and construction permissions will be blended with successful aspects of this genre of games, such as team battles, a robust loot system, and on-the-fly obstacle building to combine into a truly one-of-a-kind experience. We look forward to these changes being made within the next week.
As always, thank you for playing SWCombine!