|Update to revision f019d1ce573a5312569eefb1eb1ec76385fd55af (+34)
- Added dbg-rp to provide low-level view of data structures
- Replaced Mibbit with KiwiIRC as the chat client
- The skill reset tool is now self-service for eligible players (under level 3 on their first character) from the character sheet
- Redesigned Journal quest view to make more sense and show objective summaries more clearly
- Fixed issues with incubator interaction again (#4011)
- Fixed missing implicit progn inside let body (#4027)
- Executing character issues (#4026)
- Faction memberlist last login incorrect (#4017)
- Typo in create entity tool (Unreported)
- Destroy entity admin tool broken (Unreported)
- Packing keycards into crate broken (#4013)
- NPC transport doesn't match rules (#3385)
- Production rules updated to reflect material usage order (#3451)
- Ships in production no longer show as modded (Unreported)
- Cargo details don't show on some ship rules pages (#4007)
- Fixed calcEntityMaterialRequirements so bacta is only added if item or has medical room
This also concludes the end of the double CPs event. I am truly amazed by the extent of the donations and we should all be grateful that there are many players willing to provide for the server costs. We received enough in donations to cover the server costs for more than a year, plus we will be able to purchase licenses for a few tools that I am looking forward to using, along with another server to run them. We're preparing an evaluation before committing to this particular vendor, but specifically we are looking at JIRA Software for upgrading the development project tracking and possibly replacing the bugbase, JIRA Help Desk for replacing the unbelievably terrible osTicket application used currently for support tickets, and Confluence for managing/coordinating documents shared among the admins and asims, as well as to help me manage some simmaster-y things regarding SWC on the whole. All of these products are from Atlassian, a company Kyle recommends highly based on professional experience.
I apologize for the many new issues that sprang up in seemingly unrelated features--we modified a central piece of code regarding entity destruction, which is used by almost all actions, production, healing items, etc., and it did not handle all of the different situations correctly. It has been reverted to how it worked around New Year's, but there appear to be a few lingering issues that are affecting factory production that we're trying to understand.
Finally, Mibbit is gone, replaced by KiwiIRC, which does not have ads or weird feature restrictions like /list not working.
This is a reminder that the double CP bonus offering will be coming to a close soon. We are likely giving an extra day or two and will be going back to normal on the 2nd of Feb or so. So if you want to take advantage don't delay.
Edit: The sync we were going to do yesterday to revert this back to normal has been delayed. I don't have an estimated time when this will be done but most likely in the next few hours to days. A sim news post will be done once it synced over and back to normal. Until then enjoy the extra double cp time we give you. Mind you this if for donations only.
|(Edited by Kyle Rainer on Year 17 Day 67)|
We are updating the mediawiki version Holocron uses right now so it might be offline for a bit, or giving strange errors. Once it is done will let everyone know.
Edit: Holocron is back to normal now. The upgrade didn't work so back on current version.
|(Edited by Kyle Rainer on Year 17 Day 64)|
In addition to the previous generic datacards, the following entities have been made public in order to decrease the number of factions all using more or less the same sets. Variety is the spice of life they say...
M-Class Mon Calamari Luxury Liner (3.5 slots)
Hammerhead Cruiser (3.5 slots)
Corellian Star Shuttle (2.0 slots)
H-type Yacht (2.0 slots)
J-type 322 Starship (2.0 slots)
J-type 327 Starship (2.0 slots)
N-1 Starfighter (1.5 slots)
I-Beam Starfighter (1.5 slots) [Added, though stats have been lowered, as previous HPs were skewed. Previously owned ships should retain old stats.]
Platoon Attack Craft (2.5 slots)
CAVw PX-10 (2.5 slots)
Coral Vanda (2.0 slots)
Mon Calamari Submersible (2.0 slots)
RIC (1.0 slots)
Holoprojector (0.5 slots)
These ships should add a bit more flavor for groups!
|(Edited by Jesfa on Year 17 Day 58)|
The newest-discovered race is not to be considered playable. We are working to make it impossible to switch to, and any that do will be punished.
Sims edit - With Sel and Supes not around as far as I can tell atm, I am editing this to simply let everyone know that Mogwai are ALSO not a playable race. Do NOT switch over to it.
|(Edited by Simkin Dragoneel on Year 17 Day 58)|
I did a brief interview with Kilian today for the Crepan podcast. The topics are purely OOC and have relevance to SWC as a whole, as we discuss the upcoming position changes, the Combine dev process, and how to get involved in improving the game, so it seemed appropriate to share here and hopefully provide some insight into the changes. The video can be seen below:
Edit: Apparently we strip iframes, so the video can't be embedded. Instead, go to youtube and watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl3Av6Q-lsA
|(Edited by Selatos on Year 17 Day 58)|
Update to revision dc71295aed546badfcc78fbb61ceea883afbcbcf (+72)
- Updated to reflect actual shield and ionic recharge values.
- Added ship and vehicle shield and ionic recharge
- New 403, 404, and 500 error pages.
- Added warning to undock page when container is traveling cross-terrain
- Cannot reset custom images (#2616)
- Removed RM protection from CTool (#3756)
- Toggling protection via inventory event incorrect (Unreported)
- Producing items with tag specified doesn't work (#3008)
- Room entrance events logged properly (#1504)
- Corrected event type for build permissions (#1504)
- Corrected event type for arrest/death warrants (#1504)
- Approval and denial of GNS posts will generate personal and faction events (#1504)
- Mining yield is different between events from the same yield (#1504)
- Faction creation doesn't makeover new HQ to faction (#3472)
- Can't differentiate between owned faction's owned stocks (#3683)
- RMs shouldn't be protectable (#3756)
- Creatures shouldn't be protectable (#4002)
- Tweaked the text for when non-projectile weapons are used. (#4002)
- Added miningTimeToGo to mine XML export (#4004)
- Paused mine ETA fixed in XML export (#4004)
- Mine ETA timestamp fixed (#4004)
- Inventory XML export timestamp fixed (#4003)
- CGT offset reflects SWC's official release as per rules (#3753)
- CGT converter changed from local time to UTC (#3753)
- HTML counter returns proper CGT data (#3943)
- WS returns proper CGT data (#3943)
- Fixed undefined Item
- Can now delete script modules (#3985)
- Script variables now cleaned up when an entity is deleted (#3981)
- Fixed unpacking crates on a planet (#3410)
- Fixed issues with NPC hiring in shipyards (#3858,#3959)
- Resolved invalid table index issues for infotext (#3557)
- Fixed issue with incubators not working (#3997)
Ted continues to fix many bugs. Positioning overhaul is underway on the development branch, I expect to release a mockup of the UI next weekend.
Note: There appears to be an issue with medical items, we are looking into it.
Update: Items should be fixed.
|(Edited by Selatos on Year 17 Day 50)|
|You may wish to look at, and discuss, this thread describing the next evolution of the positioning system, including tactical subgrids and a completely overhauled approach to hyperspace travel. There will be at least one bugfix-only sync before it is released (maybe two depending on how long it takes and how many important bugs are discovered), but we will be focusing on implementing it next as it blocks many aspects of ground combat's global release. |
|As you all noticed, it failed to run on the 1st. I've run it manually again (a few days ago actually). There seems to be a lingering issue with the FI script consuming too much memory (far more than before) and being killed. We'll be investigating it, but likely next month will involve a manual run as well (although given that I know it will fail I will run it much closer to the actual scheduled time, depending on when I am awake). Thanks for your patience with this. |
Thanks once again to all of the hard work that Veynom has done through the years. So in honor of Veynom and also in congratulations of Selatos for taking over now we have decided to offer a one time gift of 20k CPs to all players that have logged in in the last 30 days. This gift should be paid out shortly. We are also changing it that for the month of January we are doubling the amount of CPs rewarded for donations.
Thank you once again Veynom. Thank you also goes out to Selatos for taking over and wish you the best. Finally thank you to all of the players out there that have made this possible to begin with, as without you there would be no game at all. We all hope you appreciate these small changes to show our gratitude to you as well
Update:CPs have been paid out to all active accounts. Events were not generated for this because 3600 accounts were eligible and it would have produced a bunch of unnecessary events.
|(Edited by Selatos on Year 17 Day 34)|
I'm very grateful that Veynom has decided to trust me with SWCombine. His hard work over the years has produced a wonderful game and memorable experiences for many players, and I hope to be able to continue this work faithfully. Without his leadership, foresight, and dedication, we would not be here today.
We also have a small sync to go along with this, including bug fixes and more tools improvements for the quest system. The first quest, related superficially to the new movie, will be released shortly.
- Fixed missing characters in LISP (#3951)
- You can only talk to things at your location (#3960)
- Black hole locations shown in WS responses (No report)
- Hid obsolete database sync tool (#2906)
- Faulty calculation of total combat reports (#3080)
- Rules page lightbox issue (#3155)
- Cannot remove droids from crate in full entity (#3210)
- Dev character creation error interpreted wrong variable types (#3401)
- Show on galactic map fixed for cities and planets (#3650)
- Clarified remove all privs (#3699)
- Fixed total cost in mining events (#3704)
- Fixed typo in who's doing a recycling event (#3709)
- Fixed ETA in recycling event (#3712)
- Fixed weight capacity not appearing used when items are cargo (#3751)
- Timeframe CGT time converter fixed (#3753)
- Removed plaintext password from email notifications (#3820)
- Italics tag in black hole names display properly (#3922)
- CGT clock updated to reflect rules page start date (#3942)
- Credit transfer typo fixed (#3962)
- Fixed issues with deleting variables in lisp tools (#3975)
- Fixed several scoping issues affecting variable binding inside modules (#3977)
- Fixed crash when loading a non-existent script module (#3978)
- New quest import/export tool added to move quest information between servers
- New LISP debugger added to UI; page will no longer crash but instead provide a useful side-display including debug info
- In particular this means you can actually keep interacting with NPCs while debugging
- Huk moved out of admin sector
- Wild Space sector created
- Admin sector removed entirely
I also thought it would be fun to include some stats on last year's development, which probably should have been posted on Day 1. We had 23 "pull requests" created for the source code, indicating a significant feature or change that involved more than a series of bug fixes. Some examples are: new NPC shop features, revised rules pages, explosives in mining, entity repair, and others. We had a total of 948 commits that were eventually merged to the release branch and synced to the main server, plus many more that have not been released, with the contribution broken down as so:
- Selatos (431)
- Marsen (205)
- Kendall (189)
- Mikel (53)
- Lan (32)
- Syn (32)
- Kyle (5)
- Olwin (1)
We have a new dev team member, Ted Winner, who is responsible for most of the bug fixes in this release, and Lane Rendell has also returned to the team, bringing us to 8ish members.
Again, a big thanks to Veynom for his many years of hard work on making SWC what it is today. May the force be with you.
After seeing the birth of the Combine and helping it in growing for the past 17 years, time has come for me to pass the hand. The Combine has been a wonderful experience to me and I hope that this feeling is shared by many.
Today I leave but I let you in the hands of Selatos who I have appointed as my successor. His constant dedication and expanding organizational skills make him the right person to take over and ensure the Combine will pursue its extraordinary adventure for another decade or two. For those who wonder, Selatos and I have worked together on this smooth transitions since a few months already.
I would like to finish by thanking all players who play and played this game, had fun and provided fun to others. The Combine is a game and must remain an entertaining one. I thank also all people who worked on the Combine since its foundation and made it the successful story that it is.
So thank you and May The Force Be With You All, Ever.