Some updates have been made to improve the effectiveness of several military droids in combat, as well as droid weapons:|
Light Blaster: Firepower increased from 5 to 8
Medium Blaster: Firepower increased from 11 to 12
Heavy Blaster: Firepower increased from 15 to 16
Buzz Droid: now has 1 dexterity, 1 dodge, slot size reduced from 4 to 3
Battle Droid: dexterity increased to 2, slot size reduced from 0.75 to 0.5
Destroyer Droid: dexterity increased to 3, slot size reduced from 2.0 to 1.5
K-4 Security Droid: slot size reduced from 0.75 to 0.5
Mark I Assault Droid: slot size reduced from 2.0 to 1.5
Sentinel Droid: slot size reduced from 1.0 to 0.75
Super Battle Droid: slot size reduced from 2.0 to 1.5
T-Series Tactical Droid: dexterity increased to 2, now has 1 dodge, slot size reduced from 0.75 to 0.5
These changes have already taken effect and the appropriate rules pages reflect these new stats. As always, further adjustments may be made to entity stats in the future as needed.
Update to revision b9fcd752f56a1802ffedc173af0f1394535ff7da (+133)
- Custom images fail to apply to ships and vehicles during production (#3836 & #4062)
- Capturing a droid doesn't update IFF listing (#3794)
- Restraining bolts properly deleted after capturing a droid (#3795)
- Cities can be founded on suns and black holes (#3710)
- Items owned by the NPC market can be crated or uncrated to force ending of auction (#4152)
- CGT Counter rules calculation off by a day (#4162)
- time/cgt resource off by a day (IRC)
- Factions receiving a commission for stuff they sell themselves contrary to what the rules state (NPC Market) (#4070)
- Assorted market issues relating to cargo containers (quantity, pricing, lacking a location) (#4070)
- Undefined property in journal with no quests (#4149)
- Messages sent by NPCs lack name (#3716)
- Recycling cities not possible. (To recycle a city, you need to meet the normal requirements to recycle and access it through the same interface as other recycling, while in a GRZ-6B wrecker or a EVS Construction droid. Cost of recycling a city is 10% of the founding cost. Time required is 1 hour. No materials are returned) (#4147)
- Custom item spawning fails/corpses do not appear when in cities or planet surfaces (#3534 & #4126)
- Undocking while travelling fails unless travelling cross-terrain (#4142)
- Could view rules page PHP source (#4143)
- Custom art tool for rooms still exists despite custom rooms being removed (#4141)
- Loading Class-A cargo containers between ships and stations fails (#3899)
- Docking squads of ships/vehicles only takes weight of leader into account (#3175)
- Duplicate entries in Confirm Sell to Market dialog (#3914)
- Incorrect error on road creation failure (#4034)
- Protecting from the main faction inventory overcharges if you select an already protected entity (#3645)
- Undefined constant in faction capital calculation (Unreported)
- Can export events you shouldn't be able to see when dead (#4138)
- Filter resets when (un)pausing or aborting mining (#3475)
- Filtering resolution fails in internet explorer (#3584)
- Filtering in large inventories fails (#3584)
- Item tree inventory view non-unique alias query error (#4135)
- Event export ignores filters (#1504)
- Faction events messed up (#1504)
- Room Tool bug workaround (#4088)
- Updated room ctool to see room connections (#4088)
- Numeric faction names blocks the ability to perform any actions (#4134)
- Removed inventory filter array index typo (Unreported)
- Unassigning the pilot of a travelling entity that lacks an appropriate droid pilot will abort travel. Assigning to someone else will not abort travel. (#3412)
- Some (related to select dropdown) but not all issues with select all X in this inventory (#3497)
- Select None, All, (Un)Protected and (Un)Powered selects random inventory entries rather than what it says it should (#3497)
- Facility orientation missing in inventory exports (#4121)
- Manage Tags Pagination Fixed (#4066)
- Event links fail (#1504)
- Inventory links go to wrong mode/crash (#1504)
- Droids, facilities, stations and vehicles will show modded inventory icon (#3762)
- Ships that have visited suns/black holes no longer claim to still be in orbit of the sun/black hole after being moved next door (#3633)
- Cockpit differs between units vs. m^3 while (un)loading (#3598)
- Room descriptions override station descriptions on system map (#2607)
- Several credit transfer failures showed green messages (#3665)
- Facilities seized for debt not unprotected (#3444)
- cgt-day is one day behind due to previous changes to CGT (#4111)
- Types/Ships resource reports landing capacity as no for all ships (Web API Forum)
- Types/Vehicles resource landing capacity vs. repulsors (Web API Forum)
- Not all entities have commanders issue with inventory/entities route (Unreported)
- types/planets resource fails (Unreported)
- Discrepancies between inventory/entity resource and facility/station inventory exports (Web API Forum)
- Included faction privs in faction/members resource (Unreported)
- Character/Privileges resource fails (Unreported)
- Class resource fails with trailing slash, should succeed regardless of trailing slash (Web API Forum)
- Inventory/entity resource fails to provide proper coordinates for facilities (Unreported)
- Lack of trailing slash in character route (Web API Forum)
- Inventory/entity route lacks location (Unreported)
- Inventory/entity route actions lack consistency (Unreported)
- Inventory/entity route fails for some entity types (Unreported)
- Revoking permissions client-side fails to return proper content type (Unreported)
- Revoking permissions client-side revokes all client tokens (Unreported)
- Faction resource fails to list same DCs as listed on public faction info page (Unreported)
- Fixed issue with revoking access tokens from user end (#4114)
- GNS categories resource redirects improperly (Unreported)
- Empty tag in class listing (#4105d)
- Memberlist resource ignores item_count parameter (#4104)
- Planet resource missing type uid (#4106)
- Fixing typos affecting use of API resources (Unreported)
- Faction type API resource fails (Unreported)
- Makeover/city request events visible without proper privs (#1504)
- Facility resource gives wrong class UID (Unreported)
- Entity type listings respect same hidden-ness as rules pages (Unreported)
- Races shown despite being hidden (Unreported)
- Race API resource fails (Unreported)
- Creature API resource fails (Unreported)
- Weapons API resource fails (Unreported)
- Facilities with weapons fail in API (#4074)
- Invisible entities no longer display in API entity type list (#4074)
- Invisible entities no longer display in API records (#4074)
- Invisible sectors no longer display in API records (#4074)
- Invisible ships no longer display in API records (#4074)
I want to give a big shoutout to Ted Winner who did all of the work for this sync, fixing dozens of bugs and tackling some of the incredibly long standing inventory issues with positive results.
Thank you to all of those who either applied or provided input, the deadline for Asim applications has passed. If we need information from the provided references, requests will be sent out in the next week or so.
Best of luck to all of you, see you on the other side!
The dissolution feature is currently stuck; as I look for the faction causing the bug, I am manually dissolving factions that recieved warnings prior to the bug and are now eligible for dissolution.
If your faction is eligible and you never got an event warning you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.
If your faction is eligible, got a warning, and the warning reached "0 day/s" with no dissolution, please DM 'Erek' now.
Due to the increasing constraints on our Assistants' time, we're looking for more Asims to help keep the Combine running smoothly.
Job description: Assisting with, and resolving, players' problems requiring staff intervention using provided admin tools. Must be knowledgeable about the Combine and how it works. Willing to set aside previous IC relations, take strong player criticisms, and spend frequent time on IRC to discuss Administration actions and direction. Specifically would be working with: osTicket support system, join applications, multi-accounts, #swc-help, and individual player questions/requests.
**This position will require you to drop your character and remove yourself from the IC universe. You will not be able to return to any past characters should you accept the post.**
If interested, please send a short email to Erek and include the answers to the following questions:
1. What is your Combine handle?
2. How long have you been registered with the Combine?
3. What have you done in-character so far? What are you doing at the moment? What is your position in your faction?
4. Name three people that have been in the Combine for at least two years who have worked with you and may be willing to give a written recommendation.
(Members of the Administration are not eligible to be listed in this section)
5. Why do you want to join the team?
6. What do you think you can bring to the team?
7. Are you involved in any other online games, or RPGs of a similar nature? If so, please specify your position in them.
Real Life Questions
1. Where do you live?
2. How old are you?
3. What is your occupation?
4. Have you completed any tasks that would qualify you for the Sim team? Examples include: creating/maintaining a website, setting up a database for member information, customer service training, and similar experiences.
5. How much time can you spend on the Combine in general and helping in particular?
6. Were you involved in any projects that would qualify you for the position?
BONUS: What is your favorite color? Why?
NOTE: We will be migrating our support system from osTicket to Jira in the coming weeks.
Please feel free to email/DM/PM email@example.com/Erek/Superman with any questions.
Applications will be accepted until Year 17 Day 273
|(Edited by Erek on Year 17 Day 266)|
So the next round of the Deathmatch has been rolled and so it is time once again to vote for your favourite. Seems most of you use Chrome or Firefox, yet very few of us use the best internet browser, IE/Edge! In addition seems like most people enjoyed Episode VII as well. Good work. We have some new grudge matches for you to vote on.
|It seems we were all surprised by NPC wages running this month. The question has been raised a few times: was the code changed, or was there a secret sync? (Un)fortunately--depending on your perspective--nothing changed in the code that was expected to cause it to run. NPC wages have been enabled for years, but traditionally one or more bugs or data consistency issues caused the wages code to crash, similar to how faction dissolution didn't work for a long period of time because one faction due to dissolve would crash the software every time. Apparently, this month there were somehow no inconsistent NPCs and the script ran to conclusion.
I know some people have hastily done things like fire NPCs who are owed wages for next month, and others have been affected by an existing bug in NPC inventory, causing them to fire all of their NPCs, not just the ones they selected. There is, regrettably, nothing we can do to recover those specific NPCs, as the manpower cost of it is just too large, but if you contact Erek and CC Arjuna and me over the coming days we can try to work out some kind of compensation. Please remember this game is a beta and unexpected behavior is fairly common.
NPC wages will be explicitly disabled and will not run next month. We have been quietly working on a revamped version for some time, but it has not yet been queued for release due to some performance issues. There will be an announcement describing the changes before it is turned on. |
|After numerous bugfixing attempts, Kay has finally managed to get the old B'omarr monks to part ways with their brain jars. Just travel to their monastery on Tattooine and have a little talk with them. Be brave!
The achievement related to this sidequest will not activate due to a change in how the journal and achievement system will be tied together in the not so distant future, so that is not a bug. |
The last Deathmatch round was a while ago. Kuro won the last round collecting his third win. Who will win the next round? Also some new grudge matches. From the last lot, looks like most people wanted a DC draft that was brought up then discarded and of the various ears of Star Wars, most preferred the original film trilogy. And suprisingly most people enjoy the one life policy rather than the endless respawn that most games have. Nice
Update to revision 492ed5d705c14f09e1dce9553c8ec0a615ff5c70 (+26)
- Added floor, ceil, round, log, exp, modulo, and stochastic_round functions. Added cgt-second predefined variable
- New login-based CP rewards system; topsites have been eliminated.
- GNS RSS feed updated to include faction name of author (on new posts)
- Government upgrade sets incorrect min value (#4052)
- Hidden city reveal generates duplicate events (#1504)
- Crewlist events only sent from cockpit view (#1504)
- Merging of material piles owned by the NPC market is no longer possible (#3192)
- Fixed bug in is-traveling? check (#4005)
- Fixed subtraction discrepancy (#4049)
- Fixed issues with crate production (#4022,#4024,#4038)
- Scans have correct CGT date (#4033)
The topsites have been bugging me for a long time because those sites are not what they were 15 years ago. Now it seems to be filled with questionable characters hoping to scam users and I don't want SWC associated with that. Instead we are adopting a new system that rewards you, once per 24 hours, just for logging in/playing the game. The system currently works based on a window, where you must access the website between 24-48 hours after a reward to receive the next one, rather than using the calendar day to define the boundaries. The goal here is to help people who may only be able to play the game briefly on certain days, where that activity window may also overlap with the end of a calendar day according to the server, which could result in missed rewards. Continued activity over the course of multiple days will result in larger bonuses, capping at the maximum bonus on the 7th day without failure and every day after. The total CP reward should be the same as if you had voted on all topsites for the week previously.
You do not need to actually "log in" with your username+password; the normal activity checker for counting online players will trigger the check for you when you access the game in your browser.
Good Afternoon, All!
Since you finally stopped asking about them, we have finished up and released CP Droids.
Droids in this run include: The ever-Obi-feared Buzz Droid, the Padme-slaying Chroon-Tan B-Machine, and "If only he was round" S19 Astromech!
As always, should any issues be found with them, you know who to blame.
|Merlin Myk`Chur has been banned for 6 months for abusing the paypal donation system to obtain CPs, exchange them for things, and then issue a chargeback against the game to recover his money. The assets will also be removed. |