Phase 3 is here!
In this news post from before, you saw that we would be doing a bit of space combat for phase 3 of the Zoo Feud. The day has arrived so get ready to rumble! A few pieces of important news and some rules should be read ahead of time though!
Dissolved teams may join one of the other two teams for phase 3
Sport hunters unfortunately did not find enough support to gain any victories. They have been dissolved.
Tech Lovers did their best to come out over the other teams, but fell short of reaching the final round. They have been dissolved.
DNA Bashers held a solid second place despite being outnumbers by Tech Lovers. They are in the final round.
Zookeeper Alliance dominated the field, so far. Can they be defeated by DNA in this final round?
- Commander Bob at the entrance of Zoo Stations is your only contact for phase 3.
- Spawning your ships adds 10 points.
- All ships for both teams will be Hostile owned, pay attention to the name of the ship.
- Shoot down ships with the OTHER team's name.
- Destroying an enemy ship adds 1 point
- Destroying your own ships will give 1 point each to the enemy team.
- No datapads or admins will give score updates. The score will remain unknown.
- The phase will end on Y20 Day 201.
- Renaming your ship to try to fool others into arrest is against the rules for this event.
- The administration can add to these rules or punish for the golden rule as well. Don't try to cheat the system.
In Space Combat it is possible to disable/become disabled. A disabled ship can be boarded. While this is usually not an issue for your own ship, the hostile ships can be captured. This means if you board one and someone else captures it, you might be captured/killed. Be aware that capturing is NOT required or recommended for Phase 3, but is allowed.
Sometimes, a hostile ship will spawn on a sun. Do not fly into the sun to chase it. Shoot it from afar. You will die if you fly into a sun.
edit: Slicing became an issue so it was temporarily disabled. It’ll be back at the end of the event.
edit2: Bandit capture is back! But it now earns 2 points. Capturing your own ships gives 2 points to the enemy.
edit3: Player spawned ships are now turned off, but a new enemy has appeared! These powerful ships at 0,0 in each of the event systems are worth 200 points to whatever team gets the final blow. Plus the individual who kills it gets a generic (not modded) version.
|(Edited by Baugrems on Year 20 Day 198)|
- There is a new method for automating ship/vehicle travel: Travel Planner.
- Travel planner is available from the Travel dropdown in the cockpit.
- Entities that are over weight/volume capacity now cannot start travel.
- Entities that are "disabled" cannot start travel. A timer for the disabled status shows in the cockpit view in left panel.
Line of Sight Changes:
- The calculations for line of sight have changed.
- This fixes some edge cases and in general will mean more squares are seen by sensors when there is something blocking.
- In particular, some bugs relating to facilities with sensors have been fixed, some bugs relating to stacking sensors have been fixed.
- Added the ability to select force training length
- Adding view container button to equipment screen under fitout when a container is selected
- Allow loading into cargo-containers on equipment screen by clicking-to-load the same way you would load other loadable items
- Fix crash when renaming infantry squads.
- Fix issue where could not party with ships when in docking bay (vice versa hangar bay vehicles)
- Fix issues with squad page not showing when Kick From Squad button is pressed
- Fix ordering of squadded entities on some pages (e.g. boarding page)
- Fix issue with auto room movement and locked doors
- Fix issue with auto room movement when initiated from boarding screen
- Fix tooltip not hiding after auto room movement
- Fix missing ID on datacard view (#5290)
- Fix map overlapping with info panel on galaxy map rules pages when on mobiles (#5291)
- Fix crash when descend travel form coordinates are left empty
- Fix issue when descending when not above planet
- Incorrect display of volume cap on equipment info box
- When repackaging items that includes a cargo-container, use the first cargo container provided instead of always creating a new cargo container (previously would delete all provided items and create a new cargo container)
- Can no longer sell NPC Market-owned items to the NPC Shop
- Dissolving factions now handle creatures properly (previously creatures would be left with a corrupt owner)
- Remote material access for facilities within same city
- Remove holomail link from menus (RIP)
- Update name of Question Centre link in menu
- Allow credit bulk sending from budgets, budget name will now appear on faction send events
- Fix issue when on splash screen pressing join button with inputs filled causing login error (instead of redirect to join page)
- Cockpit scanner list now loads "more entities" inline rather than reloading the page.
- You can now see fire delay status on cockpit scanners.
- Cockpit Weapons screen now ordered by range
- Fix issue where bacta tank could be used to heal creatures (this was not intended)
- Bacta tanks now show a timer when in use on the equipment screen.
- Update rules page to clarify there are only 9 possible skill points available from NPC levelling
- Fix issue in get-contained-items: byTypes paramter was ignored, setting recursive to true by default
- take-contained-item setting recursive to true by default
Hyperspace Travel Time Bug:
- There was a bug introduced that increased the length of hyperspace travel for some ships that were in hyperspace. If this increased your travel time greatly (> 1 day) please create a support ticket on support.swcombine.com with your handle, and your shipID, and your ship event showing the hyperspace jump (cockpit -> ship events).
|(Edited by Clarr Solo on Year 20 Day 194)|
- When on a page that has a "text filter" (equipment, party, other pages), you can now do an exclude a word by putting a minus sign infront of it, e.g. "bacta patch -cargo" would show things matching "bacta" and "patch" and exclude "cargo" containers.
- Allow taking from cargo containers and emptying cargo containers while they are inside another item.
- Clicking on a square on the map now highlights the selected square with a red outline.
- Add link to inventory rename events generate by inline edit
- Fix invalid HTML generated on view datacards screen
- Fix issue where droid repair could not occur on droids in squads (To repair someone elses droid, requires owner IFF friend, same as medical healing)
- Fix issue with squadded party members not showing HP bars on party screen
- Fix issues with some functions not correctly finding "squadded party members at your location", this affects things like force testing/healing and other screens.
- Fix an issue with inventory pages not showing the menu when there are entities listed with invalid locations.
- Fix timer text overflowing image on production queue screen
- Fix cockpit retooling panel not showing
- Fix Baugrem's team bar on the forums.
- Recycling cockpit pages URL has moved.
- Fix crash on ground combat preview page
- When an entity recycling is initated, crewlist access is set to closed.
- Fix short hull shield ionic status bars not showing in squadron pane in cockpit
- Fix missing confirmation dialog when upgrading skills
- Fix missing location coords on cockpit scanner screen
- Fix droid crates showing up in wrong sections on equipment view (crates of non-items now will show under "Storage")
- Fix using security panel causing crash
- Fix taking droid from crate causing crash
- Missing board command on squad page
- Fix issue on NPC Controls Equipment page when interacting with items contained within other items.
- Fix issue where cannot use NPC Controls on squadded NPCs at your location.
- Add link to skillsets from NPC Controls page.
- Separate display of NPCs on NPC Control page into sections based on which party/squad they are in.
- Add for LISP get and get-types for ships, vehicles, stations, creatures.
- Admin function take-contained-item
- Updating combat tactics rules to be more clear
It is time once more for ASIM applications! One to Three potential slots are open.
Here are the rules:
- Newly hired asims are not required to irrevocably drop their character. Instead, their characters are suspended for the duration of being an asim.
- Asims have no IC activity related to their character while working for the administration.
- Asims will have a defined period of service of six months after which a new group of asims will be hired. There is no limit on the number of terms if reselected.
Applications will be in January and July, with asims working from February through the end of July and then August through January of next year.
- Applications open Until May 14th. Then asims will work from June 1st until the new year.
- Compensation in the form of Combine Points will be provided for asims who remain active and effective throughout their service period.
- Asims are required to use IRC and must be active in staff channels as that is how the majority of decisions are made.
- Asims duties center around helping players affected by bugs, handling support tickets, and dealing with rules violations. There will be opportunities for asims to assist in designing RP opportunities for SWC at large, along with participating in discussion on game features before they are announced or implemented.
Remember that current asims are allowed to re-apply and may be re-selected.
Applications should be submitted via Darkness Message to Arjuna, Kyle, and Baugrems. Please answer the following questions in your application.
- What is your Combine handle?
- How long have you played SWC?
- What have you done IC so far (including previous characters)? What are you working on currently, and what is your position with your faction?
- Why do you want to become an asim?
- Are you involved in any other online games or RPGs of a similar nature? If so please describe your position and responsibilities
- Please provide three references of SWC members who are not on the administration team that have been in the game for at least two years.
- Where do you live?
- How old are you?
- What is your occupation?
- How much time would you like to volunteer per week on improving SWC?
- Have you performed administrative duties in the past or organized groups/events?
- What is your favorite D&D class?
Applications will be open until May 14th with new asims starting their term on June 1st.
Edit: 3 days left to get your applications in!
edit2: Congrats to Evan Bluvius for becoming the newest asim! He will begin in a couple weeks. For those who did not get in this time, thanks for applying and don’t be discouraged from applying in the future :)
|(Edited by Baugrems on Year 20 Day 170)|
It is that time again I am proud to bring about the latest additions to the bunny craziness we call Y20. First ranging from stabby stabby land is the droid you all want and crave.
FN-DO Assassin Droid
That is right it is a melee generic data card droid, based off the bn-do model it stabs, it kills and it can be yours now.
The next up on the list is the ever lovable...
This droid can not be produced but it can be found in bandit squads, so capture away my good droid lovers. Several jawas died upon seeing this announcement so please enjoy with caution.
Tomas edit: adding droid links to names.
|(Edited by Tomas O`Cuinn on Year 20 Day 159)|
- The links to the RSS feeds (sim news, gns, gns flashnews) have changed. If you use the RSS feeds, please update the feed URLs using the icons on the page.
- Fix multi page inventory select bar bug introduced with last sync
- Missing check for Control Room privs when loading materials when not assigned pilot/commander
- Fix XSS in map city tooltip
- Fix issue with pending GNS posts crashing after faction rename
- Fix equipment screen page crash with items with large W/V.
- Medical item UI now only shows things that have taken damage.
- Droid repair UI now only shows droids that have sustained damage.
- Emptying large cargo containers will now only remove the first 100 items from them at a time.
- Fix issue where no error generated when trying to kick from full ship while you are aboard a full ship (#5277)
- The talk/interact button now only shows if you can actually talk
- Spawned bandit squads and hostile creatures are no longer grouped in squads (they are still grouped in "parties", will show up nicer on scanners)
- Vision summary now shows class names for vehicles and ships, and will show wrecked status. Shows Yellow Tutorial NPCs correctly.
- Station image lookup code fixed (depot station icons)
- Battle Reports Cleanup: does not repeat showing combatants, shows damage done on status bars.
- Mining, droid repair, NPC skill upgrade events linkified
- Maps now have faint gridlines, this can be disabled in the look and feel settings page.
- Show icon for patrolling on vision scan box.
Party Screen changes:
- Your own party is now shown as a horizontal section rather than a box offside
- Your remote infantry squads are shown on a new Squads page, rather than on the party page. Only squads at your location will be shown on the party page.
- Show fire delays on party screen
Equipment screen changes:
- "NPC Control" Equipment screen is removed and replaced with regular character equipment screen
- "Unclaim" and "Undeploy" options on items are now hidden behind "Info" button on equipment screen
- "Take from Crate", "Claim", "Unclaim", actions now work without reloading the page
- Crates of items will now show under their contained items category instead of under "Storage"
- Minor look and feel changes, added select all for equipped items and hide button for equipped items
- Bandit droids and bandit ships are shown on the respective rules pages.
- Clarified rules regarding what positions recreates can be given in a faction.
- Fix issue with force quest talk options
- Fix issue with bandit ship capture not cancelling patrolling.
- Actions should now finish quicker after their timer has elapsed.
The next stage of the feud will begin soon! Zoos, Ranches, and Wildlife Preserves will all have connections for you to get started on FRIDAY of this week. If you go now, it might look a bit empty.
Don't fret if you can't make it by Friday, there will be plenty of time to participate.
More details and storyline will be released soon. For now, this is your official warning to get ready. Below is a map of Darkness/Quest owned locations to get started.
edit: Join discord here if you like: https://discord.gg/WjcrVkg
edit2: Team selection added. You will be able to begin hunting creatures and bandits for quest items in 4 hours.
edit3: Medium creatures added to hunt. Anything medium or larger will potentially drop tags. Bandits are unchanged.
edit4: 12 of the bandit fitouts have been modified to include tags. This should make them drop tags more frequent
|(Edited by Kyle on Year 20 Day 155)|
These were broken for a while, then I forgot they existed. So... next round!
Death Match! We're almost to the end of this one. Vote or... else?
Submit more for next week! I'll try to remember next week and make this more consistent...
- Added "reverse material loading", where you can view and load materials from adjacent entities if you have pilot or greater access.
- Added "Deposit" inventory filter for mines/farms
- Changed how historical stats collection works.
- Fixed issue causing character/npc item scanning to be slow on popular planets
- Added a spinner to show item scanning loading
- Fix an XSS in inventory location.
- Fixed issue where room descriptions would be wiped if ship description was set to blank.
- Fixed issue where you could not add newlines to ship description textbox in inventory.
- Added inline edit to descriptions on show stats page.
- Fixed issue allowing items to be crated while they were deployed.
- Fixed an issue where certain nested items/npcs (these items have a incorrect roomID stored) would not show their galactic location in inventory correctly.
- Fixed an issue where pages that skip showing the right hand menu did not generate valid html output.
- Fixed an issue where you could auto room move to multiple destination targets by clicking a lot.
- Fixed an issue where you could not "kick passenger" on lost soul NPCs.
- Fixed an issue where the NPC market interface crashed before you created a character.
- Fixed situations when npc talking can crash without showing error details.
- Fixed an issue where a npc talking crashing would cause the conversation to reset (now it leaves you where you were before the crash).
- Fixed the talking dialog clearing other pages tokens (like credit sending authorization token)
- Fixed an XSS.
A recent sync report, if you noticed, mentioned that Creatures can now be scripted! This means our pets can be interactive but we need help filling them out. Have a script idea for a certain creature? Give us a shout and you might be rewarded!
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE THREAD