|Hello everyone, the first six month asim term has expired, more or less, and so we are back to
recruiting new ones. Overall, I am quite satisfied with the way this has turned out--we saw much
higher average activity levels from the new asims than in the past, and much less burnout due to
being able to return to their characters now that this is over. To remind everyone, here are the
rules for the six month asim terms:|
Remember that current asims are allowed to re-apply and may be re-selected.
Applications should be submitted via Darkness Message to me, Arjuna, and Erek.
Please answer the following questions in your application.
- Newly hired asims are not required to irrevocably drop their character. Instead,
their characters are suspended for the duration of being an asim.
- Asims have no IC activity related to their character while working for the administration.
- Asims will have a defined period of service of six months after which a new group of asims will
be hired. There is no limit on the number of terms if reselected.
- Applications will be in January and July, with asims working from February through the end of
July and then August through January of next year.
- Compensation in the form of Combine Points will be provided for asims who remain active and
effective throughout their service period.
- Asims are required to use IRC and must be active in staff channels as that is how the
majority of decisions are made.
- Asims duties center around helping players affected by bugs, handling support
tickets, and dealing with rules violations. There will be opportunities for asims to assist in
designing RP opportunities for SWC at large, along with participating in discussion on game features
before they are announced or implemented.
- What is your Combine handle?
- How long have you played SWC?
- What have you done IC so far (including previous characters)? What are you working on currently,
and what is your position with your faction?
- Why do you want to become an asim?
- Are you involved in any other online games or RPGs of a similar nature? If so please describe
your position and responsibilities
- Please provide three references of SWC members who are not on the administration team
that have been in the game for at least two years.
We will be accepting applications through July 16th, 2017, and the selected asims will be
announced on the 23nd. They will then have until the 31st to wrap up IC activity and will join the
team on the 1st of August.
- Where do you live?
- How old are you?
- What is your occupation?
- How much time would you like to volunteer per week on improving SWC?
- Have you performed administrative duties in the past or organized groups/events?
- Who is your favorite DotA, HotS, or Overwatch hero and why?