Hello members of the galaxy (and Loki),
It has come to our attention that on Febuary 2, the largest data breach to date occurred which released 3.2 billion unique username/email and password records. For anyone interested, it is being referred to as "COMB - Compilation Of Many Breaches" and you can read about it online. Therefore, we suggest that all players should take the following actions now and over the course of the next few weeks:
- Use a service like haveibeenpwned.com to check if your details are in any data breaches.
- Change/update your password and use a password manager to generate random password (such as KeePass or 1Password or use your browsers inbuilt password manager).
- Check your events for anything that looks out of place or that you did not do
- Check your account activity for any suspicious logins.
- Keep an eye on your events over the next couple weeks to ensure that nobody has gained access to your account
- Submit a Support Ticket if you notice anything out of place with your account.
It should go without saying, but the SWC Administration does not tolerate hacking of accounts by any means, and any player(s) found to be doing so will meet my fist and be permanently banned.
EDIT: This was not a SWC-specific breach, this was a worldwide data breach and a reminder to follow good account practises. None of your data was leaked from SWC servers.