With the latest sync, we are happy to announce a new feature that many of you have requested: Asteroid Mining!
You can find the rules for the current implementation here: Asteroid Mining Rules
Additionally, a new, related ship has arrived! Introducing the Y-8 Mining Vessel:
For now, please consider this feature in Open Beta; as such, values and mechanics are subject to change. To begin, we have released the ability to prospect for materials in asteroid fields. The ability to actually mine the found resources will be released in a future sync, but we wanted to give you all a chance to get started finding your precious, precious RMs!
As outlined in the Asteroid Mining Rules, only ships equipped with Mining Sensors are capable of prospecting for raw materials in asteroid fields. To help people jump into this new features, we have TEMPORARILY given mining sensors to all generic light freighters. On or about February 1st, 2020, the mining sensors may or may not be removed from those generic light freighters. For now, the only ship guaranteed to have mining sensors after February 1st is the Y-8 Mining Vessel.
Again, the mining sensors for the generic light freighters are temporary!
For those that like to plan ahead, you should expect the Y-8 Mining Vessel to play a critical role in the actual mining operations of asteroid fields, as well as the use of depot stations. More details will be released later, but hopefully that's enough to get your ol' noggin churning for now.
Special thanks to Clarr for his work on this, please send him all your love.
- Recruitment liaison field is now stored differently, so leaders and 2ic can remove themselves as liaisons without being readded. Faction recruitment liaison is set from the dedicated faction screen.
- The autocomplete box on privilege page was fixed to only autocomplete within faction (when character has appropriate privs to view memberlist)
- Cockpit and Travel planner now show sector when in deep space (this is purely cosmetic)
- Fixed alazhi refining pile selecting ownership issue
- Skill point category minimums are enforced when allocating character skill points
- Added link to NPC Inventory skill points icon
- a target="_blank" is allowed on forum html now.
- Fixed issue where repair was granting XP twice in transaction log, and repair now generates better events and error messages.
- Fixed combat hooks not being fired correctly (affecting force quest)
There is no longer a free skill reset when changing to a newly discovered race.
For future race changes, each skill from your base skillset will be modified as follows when changing race:
skill = max(oldSkill - oldRaceBonus, newRaceBonus)
In general, this will sometimes give you some skill points back when changing race, and changing races will never spend any unallocated skill points you have.
There is a minimum allocated skill point amount per skill group that must still be met (14 points, 10 points, 8 points, 6 points, 4 points). If your race change puts you below any category minimums, you will be required to allocate within particular skill categories until the minimums are met. This requirement will be enforced when allocating new skill points.
|(Edited by Clarr Solo on Year 20 Day 362)|
- Added an overview page for which faction forums you have access to. If you have special access to any faction forums they will show up on this page.
- Added checkbox to disable forum automatic linebreaks, to allow easier html things in forum posts like tables. When checked, you will need to add <br> or <p> tags manually to your post. This is accessible from the Add Post page (not via quick post).
- Added more audit events for faction forum modification.
- Increased length of forum name, description fields
- Fix bug with "factionPriv" forum permission, and forum permission strings are now mostly case insensitive.
- There were a number of old facility construction actions under an old system that will be removed.
- Generally, these are ones that are started over 12 months ago and had not been completed.
- These were migrated to the new system. Due to some incompatabilities, anything that was migrated will currently be paused and the builder will have been reset.
- Fix issue where some item crates without max uses would crash when repackaging.
- Fix issue where the disabled overlay would not show up on combat report.
- Improved error messages when conditions to process alazhi into bacta are not met.
- Fix crash when no sensors available from cockpit.
- Hostile ships/droids that have been disabled will now no longer start travel. Currently, they may still continue travelling if they were previously travelling.
- Vehicle cockpits on the rules pages has had their background updated.
- Added quick link within the dropdown area to directly disembark when inside something you can directly exit from.
- Some look and feel changes: more fonts added, and selected fonts are more pervasive. Verdana is now the default font.
- You will get a (slightly wonky) live preview of skins and fonts when changing them.
- Events list resource changed.
- Faction forums: Faction leaders and 2IC can create a board for your faction on the SWC forums.
- There are instructions available on how to set up and configure permissions for faction forums.
- Alazhi Refining (Turning Alazhi into Bacta at a Bacta Refinement Facility) has had a UI makeover and had its code updated.
- The equations have been tweaked slightly to make it take slightly more time to yield, and to put more emphasis on using NPCs.
- Now always requires the source materials to be aboard the Refinery. (Previously had some code with silos, etc. Cannot use silos anymore).
- Browser Notifications have been reworked. (As such, you will need to re-enable them from the settings screen if you want to use them).
- Browser notifications now keep track of unread events separately from the events screens, and do not reset the notification flashers when received.
- You can enable browser notifications for DMs.
- Browser notifications will now only prompt for browser permissions if they are first enabled in the settings screen, and browser notifications are disabled by default for new players.
- You can now block certain characters from sending you DMs. You can find the blocking controls on the settings page.
- Sensor blocking in asteroid fields have changed. Asteroid squares now reduce sensor power by half for each asteroid encountered. Previously asteroids blocked sensors.
- When you are within in a hidden system, you can view the galaxy map rules pages for that hidden system, previously this was not allowed. A tag has been added to hidden system rules pages.
- Travel planner: Manually plotting destinations within hidden systems using the coordinates should work. You can not browse hidden systems from within travel planner.
- Require items to have maximum uses when repackaging
- Fixed a bug where recycling a mine kept mining.
- Fixed an issue with faction dissolution caused unrelated event spam about warrants.
- Fixed an issue with bacta tank usage not resetting NPC Fitout Equip status
- Faction privileges page updated to work better on mobiles
- Fixed some errors that generate links showing incorrectly (kicking passengers, cockpit quick assign)
- Fixed regression with crating droids
- Fixed crash when hiring NPCs of new race.
- Fixed missing link back to faction forums in forum top menu when you aren't in that faction.
|(Edited by Clarr Solo on Year 20 Day 344)|
Congrats to Kez for just scraping out a win against Dac in the latest Deathmatch. You may claim your free hug from your nearest Baugrems.
A whole new tournament has begun! And some fun grudge matches are up, too. Be sure to vote and submit new ideas for grudge matches!
November 1st October 25th, I will be moving back to the player side of the game. It's been a good 3 years but it is time for a break to go play. I'm wrapping up all my tickets/work these last 2 weeks so don't expect me to pick up new things for you. Check with the rest of the team instead (please).
For any LISP/Quest related questions speak to Noctis.
Otherwise bug Evan/Erek directly. And repeatedly.
|(Edited by Baugrems on Year 20 Day 332)|
Rounds advanced! The winner gets a free hug from Baugrems! May the Force be with you all...
Go vote! Or else! Submit more matches too!
|(Edited by Baugrems on Year 20 Day 330)|
For the first time since galaxy 2.0 a new sector has been added to the galaxy, happy hunting
- The core of the website and the static images are sent via HTTPS now, and the website will redirect you into HTTPS most of the time. Update your bookmarks.
- Now would be a good time to consider changing your password to the website especially if like me you have used the same password for SWC for over 17 years. Reminder to always use a unique password for every website you use, and consider using a password manager (such as Keepass, Lastpass, 1Password, pass, etc). Account passwords are stored on our server with a unique salt and hashed using bcrypt.
- User submitted content may still be submitted via http, so the website will remain "mixed content" (for example: images in forum posts, images in descriptions and links to external sites)
- If you are having issues with parts of the page rendering, please whitelist this website in any security extensions you are running (such as ghostery, firefox tracking protection, etc), and disable "mixed passive content blocking" if you have it enabled for this website.
- Huge thankyou to Sel who did a lot of work over many weekends to update our software to be able to do this change.
- The IRC Live Chat applet has been discontinued, in its place is a page with connection instructions to IRC and an invite link to the discord server (discord link only shows to logged in accounts).
- Faction profiles with discord links in the "Chat" field will show up as discord invite on their faction profile.
- A number of bugs relating to duplicate travel actions and other duplicate actions have been fixed, in particular duplicate travel actions should no longer cause timers to pause for the entire game.
- Added custom item names to scanner
- Adding range select to summary credit view
- Fix display of uses on items without uses
- Fix missing zeros on rules pages
- Fix medical menu headings
- Fix inventory tooltip html being shown
- Market: make total bid count update on bid placed
- CP Exchange image submission field now only accepts numeric IDs
- Fix XSS in makeover confirm box
- Fix XSS in boarding events
- Fix XSS in hail screen
- Fix export cockpit scanner when focused on a single square (#5349)
- Travel planner: changing pilot now causes the travel plan to cancel at the next segment. Include events for travel planner into the ship event log (viewable in cockpit).
- Travel planner: when in hyperspace visiting the travel planner will show your hyperspace destination as the default location if no plan is set (previously it showed you 0, 0).
- Travel planner: When in a ship that cannot fly in atmosphere, travel planner will not show planet view after clicking on a planet
- Add justify plugin to CKEditor (simnews/gns editor), update from 4.10.0 to 4.12.1, make title field required on sim news and gns posting page
- Fix missing jquery-ui css file (and overwrite weird looking autocomplete css), remove unused colourPicker.php, slider.js, slider.css files
- Upgrade less.js to 3.10.3
- Hide jquery-ui accessibility text that shows up when you used autocomplete fields
The Great Baugrems has deemed you all worthy of receiving a most benevolent gift!
From this day forward, Zoo Stations are now available for construction by Information Factions.
But wait, there's more!
Zoo Stations also come with a brand new Incubator! Now you can cook your eggs in the comfort of the vacuum of space!
Remember to send all sacrifices to Baugrems!
|(Edited by Evan on Year 20 Day 299)|