It is once again time for a new asim or two to step up! As always, the rotation of staff every 6 months gives people a chance to take a break, either from IC or from staff. This set will be from June to December.
Here are the rules:
- Newly hired asims are not required to irrevocably drop their character. Instead, their characters are suspended for the duration of being an asim.
- Asims have no IC activity related to their character while working for the administration.
- Asims will have a defined period of service of six months after which a new group of asims will be hired. There is no limit on the number of terms if reselected.
- Applications will be in December and June, with terms serving between January and July.
- Compensation in the form of Combine Points will be provided for asims who remain active and effective throughout their service period.
- Asims are required to use Discord and must be active in staff channels as that is how the majority of decisions are made.
- Asims duties center around helping players affected by bugs, handling support tickets, and dealing with rules violations. There will be opportunities for asims to assist in designing RP opportunities for SWC at large, along with participating in discussion on game features before they are announced or implemented.
Applications should be submitted via Darkness Message to Arjuna, Baugrems, and Kyle. Please answer the following questions in your application.
- What is your Combine handle?
- How long have you played SWC?
- What have you done IC so far (including previous characters)? What are you working on currently, and what is your position with your faction?
- Why do you want to become an asim?
- Are you involved in any other online games or RPGs of a similar nature? If so please describe your position and responsibilities
- Please provide three references of SWC members who are not on the administration team that have been in the game for at least two years.
- Where do you live?
- How old are you?
- What is your occupation?
- How much time would you like to volunteer per week on improving SWC?
- Have you performed administrative duties in the past or organized groups/events?
- Would you rather fight 100 Porg-sized Rancors, or 1 Rancor-sized Porg? Why?
Applications will be open until May 31st with new asims starting their term sometime between June 5th and 15th.
Evan Edit Y22D176:
Hey friends, with this ASim term coming to an end and the next one about to start, I want to use this opportunity to announce that I will be stepping down as ASim effective on or around May 31st. This has absolutely been a great experience that I have truly enjoyed and would do it all over again if given the chance. Special thanks to Baugrems, Noctis, Loki, Arjuna, Kyle, Falcon, Clarr, Mikel, and Erek for always being so supportive (albeit, also typically with a healthy dose of sarcasm; thankfully, that is my love language) and for teaching me so much. If you're on the fence about whether you should apply to be an ASim, I'd recommend giving it a try - you'll be working among some of the best the game has seen!
With that, I plan to go freelance for a while after stepping down to put some time between any information or access I had as an ASim and any IC decisions or acts I might take that could be perceived as unduly influenced. Frankly, I'm just excited to get to play with all the new features that have been released since I became an ASim!
Finally, I want to thank you, the community, for your support and encouragement. I've enjoyed getting to serve you and help out wherever I could. I hope you all know that you're stil more than welcome to reach out for help or questions or even just to chat! This decision was not easy, but I am looking forward to what another may be able to do with the opportunity.
May your days be forever filled with cookies,
Edit Y22D182: Less than a week left to apply. We will be going over these on the 1st of June or so and letting people know shortly after.
Edit Y22D188: the new asim has been selected! We will welcome Adrian Owen as an asim starting sometime next week.