Various enhancements to previous City Designer concepts were
envisioned when this City Designer was developed, below is a concise
summary of the newly implemented features.
- Checks for restrictions on facilities based upon Terrain and
Hidden-status of the city.
- Does not allow the placement of facilities that violate the
2-sides rule, when the box is checked.
- Enforces no overlapping of buildings.
- Implicit Validation on-design-load for all of the above, as well
as explicitly via the validate link.
- Automatic stat calculation, such as employment rate (ER).
- Shows the number of freighter hauls required to build the city
(based on the Mass/Volume of the required raw materials and
Mass/Volume capacity of the ship type).
- Comprehensive error detection in city design input codes.
- Has a confirmation box for clearing the map, instead of a
- Does not allow the conversion of empty squares to roads.